𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

^I just love that Webtoon :((

Third Person POV:

"What is this and why do you have it?"

"I asked you what this is Taehyung." Jeongguk repeated in a serious tone.

Taehyung didn't know how answer his question. His eyes blown wide in shock.

"No---nothing. It's---it's nothing Jeongguk." He stammered.

"Answer the fucking question Taehyung!" The older raged making Taehyung jump in fear.

The younger was unable to look the ravenette in the eyes gulped, "Even if I do, it's not like it'll make a difference."

Jeongguk's gaze softened, "Don't you think I deserve to know?"

Taehyung took the photo from his hands. Still not looking at Jeongguk instead staring at the picture and said, "You and I, we didn't meet two months ago. We've known each other our whole lives. We were---we were best friends, inseparable."

His voice cracked, "When you went missing, I was devastated. No calls, no messages--- it was like you vanished off the face of earth. No one told me anything, your parents never once picked a call or read a mail sent by me. I waited for you but you never reached out to me."

Jeongguk listened to Taehyung without interrupting. He wanted the other to let out his emotions.

The younger chuckled humorlessly, his tears finally falling, "Three years Jeongguk. Three years I waited. I wasn't going to give up on you. When I finally got to know that you're alive, the news of you losing your memories killed me."

Taehyung didn't---couldn't tell him about their relationship. He couldn't complicate further.

Jeongguk on the other hand was conflicted, confused and a hurt that Taehyung did not tell him the truth earlier. The way he felt towards the other didn't make it any easier for him to understand the situation.

The blonde wiped his tears and smiled sadly, "It's not your fault really. Who knew that the truck driver would hit your car. Who knew you would hurt your head so hard that you'll end up losing all the things you remember."

Jeongguk still hadn't said anything. He listened to the other intently. It was all too much for him but if he was having a hard time trying to remember it must have been even harder for Taehyung to live with them.

He couldn't see his roommate cry and he pulled him into a comforting hug, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist. Taehyung snuggled closer, wrapping his arms around the other's neck.

Right at this moment, Jeongguk felt a warm fluttering feeling. His mind might not remember but his heart sure does and the feeling of Taehyung's arms around him felt just right.

Taehyung mumbled, "Maybe if I had not called you then, maybe you wouldn't have been distracted. Maybe---just maybe you would've stood here infront of me not as a random person you're supposed to share a dorm with and do a project with but, as my best friend who I had spent my whole life with."

"I can't help but beat myself up and feel guilty, like I'm the reason why you were in the accident."

"No no, Tae. It's no one's fault okay? It was no one's fault, no one saw it coming, not me, not you. I'm still alive. You're my friend now too. What happened happened and we can't change it---we have to learn to live with it." Jeongguk cut Taehyung off and cups his face, forcing him to look him in the eyes.

Jeongguk smiled again and Taehyung returns it. He continues, "I feel glad that you actually told me and I'm sorry for the way I behaved when we first met. I'm sorry for forcing you to speak but it feels good to know atleast something about my past."