𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙥𝙩. 𝟭

Third Person POV:

Taehyung was put on a stretcher and rushed inside the Operation Room as Jeongguk tried his best to keep up with the hospital staff's pace.

"Sir, we have to contact Mr. Kim's parents before we can do anything." A doctor pointed out as the doors of the room were closed.

"I-yeah I will call them." Jeongguk answers when his phone lights up with a notification.

Tell the doctors to start the surgery, I already called Tae's parents and they've talked with Dr. Cha already.
                                                                - Jimin

"His parents have given their consent." Jeongguk hurriedly replied to the doctor who nodded his head. He turned to go back inside to start the surgery when he was stopped by a firm grip on his wrist.

"Please save him." He ravenette croaked.

Jimin arrived not any later, Yoongi and Taehyung's mother and Jeongguk's mother trailing behind them.

"Jeongguk!" Jimin yelled as a few frowned at the boy's inappropriate behaviour in the hospital.

Jeongguk lifted his face, which was puffy from all the crying he had been doing since the past hour. He was enveloped in a warm embrace by Jimin which made him tear up even more.

He sniffled, "Jimin-he, he-will make it right? I can't lose him-I can't-we were happy, we were so fucking happy-why now-?" As he couldn't help choke on his words.

Jimin stayed silent as he rubbed a comforting hand up and down the other's back. Yoongi too sat down silently next to the two crying boys. Jeongguk pulled away, wiping his face with his sleeve as Jimin muttered, "I have something to give to you."

It was then Jeongguk finally noticed the diary in Jimin's hands. He showed it to the ravenette and said, "Taehyung would've wanted for you to read it." And left Jeongguk to himself.

It was like any normal diary, plain leather cover with a rather worn down spine, Taehyung's name engraved on it in a cursive writing. He turned the first page on which was scribbled, in a rather cursive writing,

Happiest birthday to my dear tae, I love you.   ~your googie

A soft gasp left his lips in realisation that it was his very own handwriting and gift to his boyfriend. The first few pages at the start were empty and so turned a few more. After a six or so pages he came across one which was filled.

Memories.

We don't realise their importance but they shape us to become who we are and at many instances play an important in the future.

Our Past and the memories connected to it are probably one of the most precious things a person holds dear. They have the power to heal, but they can hurt at times, as well.

But what if someone was to tell you that there is a chance that you can forget all these precious memories?

Yesterday was like I had a bucket of cold water splashed on me and it brought me back to reality. I have been diagnosed with a brain tumour. I had my whole life planned but this "condition" of mine was not at all something I could have thought of.

The doctors say that it can be operated but it's too risky because of the size. I'll have to be on medication and there is a high chance that I might lose my precious past memories.