Stary Night

Ali's POV

As we chowed down on our lobster meal, Dylan was playing captian. He slowly moved the boat into the middle of the lake. The scenery was amazing. Stars covered the moon lit sky. The only light we had was the candles, and blue hue lights surrounding the roof top.
"Matt be careful or you'll....UGH MATT" I chided him
Matt laughed with a guttural, wholehearted laugh, for he flicked a piece of lobster at me by accident. His laugh was contagious, I couldn't stay mad at him.
"Sorry babe, it got stuck" he said laughing inbetween words
"Yeah well thats what she said" as I boomed with laughter.
Sitting back in my seat, I took my glass of champagne and sipped it while looking up at the stars.
"Babe?" Matt said
"Hmm"
"Would you do me the honor and dance with me?"
I must have looked like a deer looking at headlights for Matt giggled, got up from his chair and held out his hand to me.
"Yes my dear, I would love too"
I took Matts hand and he guided me to the center of the roof. He pulled out his phone and changed the song to 'Just the way you are' by Bruno Marz. Matt grabbed me by my waist, took my hand and pulled me so close there was no room for air to travel. As we swayed to the music the Corus came on and Matt started singing to me in my ear with a whisper, "Girl your amazing just the way you are."
"And you are amazing Matt, I love you"
"I love you too my Ali-kat"

Matt's POV

The night couldn't have gone smoother. I was jabbing at my lobster when a piece flew out and landed right in the crease of her luscious breasts. She chided me for that as I laugh with everything I had left.
"Here babe let me get that for you"
"I got it shithead, you just wait till I get you back" ali said
"I surrender already" as we boomed with laughter.
"Matt I know you said no gifts but I want to give you one of mine now"
"Ali, yes I'm a little upset about you spending your money on me, but it is our birthday and our sweet 16 and I can't stay mad at you"
Ali got up from the table and ran down stairs to her bag. She came back up holding a little blue velvet box with the smallest silver bow I have ever seen on top.
"Matt, I know we have been through some tough times and good times, hell we have been conjoined at the hip since day one." Ali said with shaking breath. I am holding my breath as she continues.
"I know I am ugly to the world, and DON'T, let me finish getting this out, and you see me for who I am Matt, I thank God everyday for giving me you, I could not do any of this life alone so I thank you, now with that said, this is a symbol of my appreciation, my thanks and my love...and to hoping that no matter what happens in the future we will always be there for each other." She stops looks down, lets out a breath and looks back up into my eyes and says, "Mathew Dane Fields, will you do me the honor of being my bestest best friend for life?"
I'm dumbfounded, speechless, and I'm crying? I'm frozen in time for a moment as I watch my Ali-kat open the small velvet blue box with a silver band inside.
"Fuck babe, Yes I always will be"
I got up, grabbed Ali buy the waist, lifted her off the ground with a twist and kissed her face all over. Her joyous laughter filled my ears.
"Matt, don't cry please, it makes you look like a girl" ali laughed
"Yeah will at this moment i feel like one" as i laughed with her
Ali took the band out of the box and showed me that along the outside it said in capital letters 'BFFL' and on the inside it said, 'Always and forever your Ali-Kat.' She slid it onto my right hand ring finger. I had to sit down for I was breathless. As Ali picked up her champagne glass and sipped it, I could not stop staring at the most amazing girl I know.
"Ali, dance with me?"
"Yes"
I got up and lent her my hand, walked her to the center of the roof, pulled out my phone changed the song to 'Best friend' by Tim Mcgraw and grabbed Ali.
I gripped her waist, held her hand tight and pulled her to me till there was no space left between us. Swaying to the music, I sang to her.
"So my little heathen, are you ready for destination number 2....and desert?"
Ali looked up at me with love and lust in her eyes, "Yes, but are you ready to become a man tonight?" She whispered seductively with a nibble to my ear.
"DYLAN" I yelled, "TO SHORE NOW BRO"
As weboth decended from the roof laughing.