No more cast

Matt's POV
Past
It's been a little over a week, and Ali's healing nicely. She's had night tremors but still has yet to wake up. Her room is now brightly lit with flowers, balloons, cards and stuffed animals from a lot of people from school. Even people we never talk to have sent their condolences and I am much appreciative for it. I didn't know that this many people cared for her at school. Dylan and Sarah come by daily to talk to her and hang with me for a while. I'll admit I'm glad to have friends I can trust and keep us company. Jane and Mom are always here at the hospital now in shifts with me, dad and Jim included. "Matt honey why don't you grab some coffee and some dinner, I'll stay with her for bit ok" Jane's always concerned for my wellbeing. "Ok momma Jane I'll be back in a few"
"Take your time sweetheart go get some fresh air downstairs with your dad too I'll text you the minute something changes"
"Thanks momma Jane"
"No honey thank you for everything, we love you both very much I'm happy she has you Matt" I just give mamma Jane a small smile and nod and head down to grab some coffee. I take a coffee to dad and sit next to him on the bench outside. "Here dad brought you a coffee"
"Thanks son, sit please" "alright....nice night for being at the hospital"
"Yea son it is, how you holdin up?"
"Fine dad, I'm just still so mad, we still don't know who did this and I'm scared she won't wake up or remember"
"Honestly son I hope she doesn't remember, something like this is so traumatizing that she's going to be a wreck for life"
"And I'm going to be there every step of the way dad, I love her and I won't let her go"
"I know son, you have done so much for Ali and I know Jim and Jane appreciate it, you've grown into one fine man and I'm proud of you, you know that"
"Yeah dad I know...Thanks"
"No thank you son"
Just as dad and I were about to head in my beeper goes off and I read the message. 'Matt the monitors are going nuts get up here quick, Jane' within seconds I was in the elevator to her room. When I get there the nurses are checking her over and just as I reach her side she twitches. I grab her hand immediately and talk to her. " Ali-Kat, baby can you hear me?" Nothing...she's just twitching her fingers so I try again, "Ali I'm here, I'm right here baby, wake up for me please...mom, Mary, dad and mark are all here too waiting to see life from you, but you have to open your eyes" still nothing. As I'm about to give up something extraordinary happened, Ali squeezed my hand like her life depended on it. "Guys she can hear us, look watch her hand, Ali honey I'm here and momma Jane is to can you understand?" Then she squeezes my hand again. Everyone in the room is excited. We all hold in our breaths but momma Jane, She just asks her questions and Ali responses firmly. Not shortly after the doc comes in and looks her over. "Hello Ali, I'm Dr. Randy I herd you can understand us am I right? squeeze my hand if you herd me" Ali squeezes his hand "Good Ali, do you know where you are? Squeeze once for yes and two for no" Ali squeezes once "Good, do you know what happened to you? Yes, ok good do you know who did this to you? Yes very good, do you know the extent of which you and your body are in? No, ok let me tell you, you are in a body cast, you had 5 broken ribs, your arms where fractured in various places and your left wrist was broken clean cut, you have 7 stitches on the right side of your head and 7 on your chest, you have been here for about 12 days now and are healing nicely. I'd say about another 4-5 days and we can evaluate your cast removal, do you understand? Ok good, you need to rest Ali when you need something press this button" as the doc left the room he motioned to see me, Jim and mark outside. "What is it doc"
"Until she is awake and alert I want to keep her rape hushed, Ali's been through a lot of trauma and I'm happy to hear she knows what happened to her which means she knows she was molested but she may not be ready for that part yet. I definitely don't want to put to much pressure on her, slowly and with patients we will work out way up" we all nod in unison to let the doc know we understood. Here we are 3 and a half weeks later and today Ali gets her body cast off, she still has shown no sign of waking fully yet but she is getting better at responding to people talking to her. The nurse walks in ready with the drill to take off her cast. " ok Ali, I'm nurse heart and I'm here for your cast removal are you up for it?" She hits the button for yes "Great, you make a loud noise if you need me to stop ok? Good can I use your help Matt" the nurse asked "Yes definitely, what do you need from me"
"Well she is going to be really limp and I don't want limbs just falling anywhere"
"Got ya covered" as the nurse starts with arm one I hold onto Ali "I'm her baby ok we'll get this thing off you in no time" about 45 minutes later she was finally able to breathe air on to her frail body "ok Matt can you lift her gently in to the tub for me?"
"Yup sure can, do we need to take this off first?"
"Yes she needs to be completely naked, you ok with that?" As I say in a low voice "ain't nothing I haven't already seen nurse, yes I'm fine plus this is for her not me nows not the time to, pardon my French, but fuck around"
"Ah spoken like a true man, I'm happy your here" I just nod as I pick up Ali bridal style off the bed and head for the bathroom.
"Thank you Matt for your help"
"No problem, Ali I'll be right outside ok nurse hearts going get you cleaned up." I don't know if it was shock from the water but as soon as I lowered her into the tub of warm water she woke in shock taking a deep breath and grabbed for me wrapping her arms around my neck holding on for dear life. "Baby, Ali it's ok I'm right here, it's just water." Then I hear it as low as low could get "Matty" I freeze and turn to nurse heart. "Did you hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"Hang on, Ali I need you to release me ok, I need to see your face I'm going to set you onto the tub." I set her down and held her face toward mine. " Ali look at me sweetie, open up and look at me." Nurse heart was over my shoulder watching for new signs of life when Ali popped open her eyes and with raspy quiet voice said "Matt....don't leave me." Nurse heart gasped with excitement
"Ali honey it's nurse heart, I'm going to clean you up really quick before this water gets cold, Matt will stay right where he is now you keep talking to him ok?" She nods slightly "Welcome back beautiful, you need anything?"
"Wa-wa-water pa-pl-please"
"Oh shit Ali I'm so sorry, hang tight"
I ran over to the night stand and grabbed a small glass of water and a straw
"Here baby small slow sips"
"you both are doing great I'm almost done Ali last stretch I just need to get ur hair, ok Matt I need you to lean her head back for me I don't want to get anything in those beautiful brownies" nurse said with a wink. That got Ali to smile. I couldn't help myself when I blew out a whisper only Ali could hear "beautiful baby"
"Ok all done Ali I'm going to have Matt pick you up so we can wrap you and keep you warm can you hang on?" Ali nods "ok on the count of of 3...3 go" and with a quick swift move Ali was wrapped up in my arms once again.
"It's high time to get you in more comfy clothing Yeah, Matt if you could help her get dressed I'll call in the doc" I nod and like a bullet the nurse was gone leaving me to hold my girl in my arms for the first time in almost a month. "Let's get you dressed baby and I'll hold you while doc checks you out ok"
"Matt?" I herd with raspy breath
"Yeah baby"
"Thanks"
"Oh honey don't thank me I told you I'm not leaving you, I love you, now stop talking for right now and let's get you descent before the doc arrives cause as much as I love seeing you like this, I'll get jealous knowing I'm not the only one seeing you naked" I said with a smile
That got a giggle and it made my day go a lot better.