Two Red Lines (12)

(Ella pictured above)

November 20th, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ariana's House
9:45 AM

Y/N POV
"Here try this", Ariana said shoving some breakfast dessert in my mouth.

"Mmm that's really good", I said honestly.

"I told you", she giggled.

She always insists that whatever food she buys is the best on the planet and that it's not up for debate. I grabbed a napkin off of the kitchen counter and wiped my mouth. I watched as Ariana finished the food that sat in front of her. She looked so adorable. Every time she chewed, her dimples showed. When she finished, she grabbed the container and threw it in the trash before sitting on the kitchen counter. Ariana then grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to her while pressing her lips against mine. I could still taste the dessert on her lips.

"So I want to ask you something but I don't want you to get upset with me", she said pulling away.

"What is it?"

"Are you going to see your dad when you go to New York?", she asked quietly.

"Uh I don't know yet"

I mentally rolled my eyes thinking about him. It's not like I hate my dad or anything but he wasn't really in my life at all growing up. He'd show up from time to time but when I turned 10 years old, I just stopped hearing from him regularly. He left me, my mom and my little brother all by ourselves and didn't say anything. I just remember him calling me one year and telling me that he moved to New York. He's not a very good father but he's still my "dad" I guess. We talk a few times a year but nothing past a simple conversation. I'm much closer with my mom and my brother and Ariana knows that. That's sort of one thing that we both related on. She's closer with her mom and her brother.

"Babe it's okay if you're not. I just wanted to know if you were"

"Yeah I know", I sighed. "I'm still thinking about it because I haven't really talked to him in a few months"

"Oh I understand"

"Why did you think I was gonna get mad that you asked me about him?"

"Because I remember the last time we were together, you two got into a huge fight"

"Oh yeah", I sighed.

I rolled my eyes thinking about that fight we got into. It was pretty big but it happened a long time ago. I'm just glad we're past all the anger in our relationship. It's more tension than anger between my dad and I.

"So what are you doing for the rest of the day?", Ariana asked.

"My team said that they might've found me an assistant so I'm going to meet them today"

"Mmm sounds promising"

"Yeah hopefully they picked a good person", I said nervously. "What about you? What are you doing today?"

"Um I have no——"

Ariana got interrupted by her phone ringing but when she grabbed her phone, she quickly pressed decline and put her phone back down.
She had this nervous look on her face and I could tell whoever that was bothered her.