Back To Normal (51)

(Ariana pictured above)

May 4th, 2018
Beverly Hills, CA
Ariana's House
9:24 PM

Y/N POV
Anybody who looked at me could probably see the nervousness plastered on my face. I took a deep breath before I ringed Ariana's doorbell. A few minutes went by until Victoria came to the door. She had a glass of wine in her hand and she looked pretty exhausted.

"Oh hey Y/N", Victoria said yawning. "Come in"

I walked in as Victoria shut the front door behind me. I could hear Lexie and what sounded like Courtney in another room of the house. I figured that since I was taking Ariana out on a date that she would be home alone but I guess that I was wrong.

"Is Ari dressed?", I asked Vic.

"She didn't call you?"

"Call me about what?", I asked confused.

"Oh she had a studio session earlier today and it's running a little late I guess"

"A studio session? She didn't call me to come in and neither did Pharrell"

"Um well she told me that she'd text you to let you know that she'd be a few hours late"

"A few hours?"

"Yeah"

"Victoria by the time that she gets here it'll probably be past midnight", I said getting a little agitated.

"You want me to call her for you?", she asked me.

"No", I said starting to walk away.

"Wait. Where are you going?"

"To the studio"

"You don't want to stay here and wait until she comes back Y/N?", Victoria asked.

"No", I said now annoyed. "Thanks anyway"

I let out a loud sigh and headed out the front door kind of pissed off. I know I fucked up but Ariana also told me that she would be here tonight. I was honestly just happy that she said yes a few days ago and that she wanted to be around me but now it just feels like she's being childish. She hasn't been really communicating with me and I can't take it anymore. I figured that I'd just drop by the studio to talk to her. I don't think showing up would do any harm.

"Hey Y/N", Ariana's bodyguard,Rel, said as I walked through the hallway.

I could hear music coming from the inside of the studio room. As usual, Rel was guarding the door outside of Ariana's session. He always does this so he's probably the one who drove her here.

"Hey Rel", I said smiling slightly. "Do you think that I can come in?"

"Of course", he smiled. "I don't see why not"

I waited patiently as Rel moved out of the way and let me into the studio. As I walked in, I saw a few people scattered around the room and Ariana sitting in the booth. I didn't know half of the people in here but I really wasn't focused on them. Ari looked like she just finished singing a verse because I could hear it being played back in my ear. Nobody even seemed to register that I had just walked into the room until Ariana called my name from inside the booth.

"Y/N?", she called out.

I looked towards her quickly and motioned for her to come out of the booth. She mouthed to me asking me to give her a few seconds so I did. I stood in the corner away from everybody waiting for what felt like hours until Ariana finally came out of the booth. Honestly, a part of me forgot that I was upset that she stood me up once she walked out of the booth.