Caught Up (29)

(Ricky pictured above)

January 1st, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Y/N's House
9:12 AM

Ariana POV
I woke up to the sun piercing through Y/N's bedroom window. I have a slight headache from last night but nothing too bad. I let out a slight yawn before turning over to Y/N. She was knocked out sleeping and she looked adorable as she slept. I'm not really sure what time she got home but she looked exhausted.

"Stop staring", she giggled quietly.

"I thought you were sleeping besides I like looking at you"

Y/N slightly opened her eyes and reached over to give me a kiss on the cheek before laying back down in bed. Once she laid her head on the pillow and turned her body to face the wall I noticed something around her wrist. It looked like something that they make you wear whenever you go to the club but I'm not sure. I slowly got out of bed and walked around over to her side to read the wrist band and saw the name "Ella Rodriguez". I thought that she said that she was going to the studio?

"Babe get up", I said tapping her.

"Give me an hour baby", she said throwing the sheets over her head.

"Y/N wake the fuck up I'm not kidding", I said pulling the sheets back off of her.

"What's wrong?", she asked as she slowly got up.

"I thought you went to the studio last night"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what's that around your wrist?"

I watched as Y/N wiped her eyes before looking down at the wrist band on her wrist. She couldn't even say anything. All she did was rip it off and put it in her pocket.

"Care to explain?", I asked annoyed now.

"Um the hospital called me saying that Ella was bleeding so I went to check up on her"

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah she's fine", she said.

"So there was no studio session?", I asked.

"No"

"Why the hell did you lie?"

"Babe you were drunk and I didn't want to stress you out about me going to see Ella"

"Y/N I don't care if you see Ella just as long as it has to do with the baby", I said honestly.

"Well I'm sorry ba—"

"How long were you there for?", I asked.

"I can't remember baby"

"Take a wild guess", I scoffed. "What time did you get home?"

"I don't know like 3 in the morning almost 4"

"WOW", I scoffed.

I immediately walked towards the bathroom and fixed myself in the mirror before grabbing my things. I watched Y/N get out of bed and quickly walk over to me.

"What are you doing?", she asked.

"I'm going home"

"Babe c'mon is it really that serious?"

"Obviously since you feel like you had to lie about it", I said pushing her out of the way.

"I didn't mean to lie I just——"

"You just what?"

"I don't know what I was thinking I guess"

"Well when you figure it out call me"

I opened the door and slammed the door shut behind me. I know Y/N too well to know that if she got away with it, she probably wouldn't have said anything to me. As I walked down her porch steps, I hopped into my car in the driveway. Luckily, I drove to her house last night before we went to Victoria's place or else I would probably be stuck waiting for an Uber or something. I took a deep breath before pulling off and heading to my place. Once I pulled into my driveway, I immediately rolled my eyes once I saw my dad on the porch. He was outside talking to Ricky like they were buddies. It was pretty disturbing. I wanted to turn around but they already saw me so I just parked and got out of the car.

"Hey sweetheart", my dad said.

"Hey", I smiled awkwardly.

"Hey Ari", Ricky spoke.

"Hi"

I walked right past them and walked into my place and close the door behind me. I let out a slight sigh as I walked upstairs to my bedroom. Not going to lie I felt sick to my stomach from last night and I'm not really in the mood for anything right now. I laid back in bed and stared at the ceiling for a minute hoping to fall asleep.

"Knock knock", Ricky said as he knocked on my bedroom door.

"Ricky please get out", I said annoyingly.

"I'd like to finish our conversation from a few days ago"

"Oh my gosh not now... actually not ever okay?", I said still staring at the ceiling.

"Can you just hear me out please?"

"Uhh what do you want?", I groaned.

"Well since it's a new year I just thought that it would be a perfect chance for me to apologize for what I put you through"

"Ricky honestly I don't care". I said as I got up to give him a glare.

"Ari I think you do", he said staring back.

"I know I put you through hell and I honestly see how scared you get when you see me sometimes and I just want you to know that I'm sorry", he said. "I'm not going to sit here and say that I'm perfect because I'm not but I can honestly say that I'm trying to change. I was angry most of the time that we were together and I would sometimes throw stupid temper tantrums that ended up hurting you emotionally in the end and I'm sorry"

I didn't respond to Ricky but I just gave him a slight smile. I could always tell when he's being genuine and right now he's wholeheartedly telling the truth. I saw a few cuts on his hand that looked freshly wound.

"What happened to your hand?", I asked.

"Um I fell earlier today but it's nothing", he said quickly covering it.

He was lying I could tell but I didn't care much to ask.

"You okay?", he asked me.

"I'm fine"

"You sure? You seem upset"

"Well I'm fine"

"Okay understood but you don't have to treat me like the shitty ex anymore"

"Why not when you are?", I asked.

"Okay fair enough", he laughed.

"Ricky don't think that just because you're sucking up to my dad that anything is going to happen between us okay?"

"Well I'll just have to see about that won't I?"

After a few seconds of silence I just laid back in my bed until I heard Ricky leave my room. I grabbed my phone off of the bed and looked at all of the messages that Y/N left me. I'll call her when I'm ready but for right now I just need a breather because I'm tired.

————————————————
*COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE*