Boundaries (43)

(Ariana pictured above)

March 21st, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Y/N's House
2:19 PM

Y/N POV
My phone just vibrated in my bed while I slept. I tried ignoring it but the buzzing eventually woke me up out of my sleep. As soon as I picked up my phone, the ringing stopped but I was already awake now so I just rolled myself out of bed. I checked the time and it read a little past 2 PM and I immediately rolled my eyes. I didn't get home from the studio until almost 4 in the morning. I was going to sleep by Ariana but I was too exhausted to make the drive from the studio. Also, I wasn't sure if everyone was still up from playing games and getting drunk. She didn't even text me back last night so I'm not at all sure how her night went.

"Uhh", I groaned as I stretched my body.

Once I felt a little more awake, I checked my phone and saw a missed call from Ariana and surprisingly, Ella. Naturally I called Ariana first. The phone ringed a few times and then no answer. I called back again and no answer again. I tried one more time and this time she picked up but it wasn't her on the phone.

"Hello?", I heard Jesse say through the phone.

"Jesse?", I spoke up confused.

"Oh hey sis hold on let me get Ari she left her phone down——-", he said quickly.

"Hold up", I said interrupting him. "Why are you answering her phone bro?", I asked.

"She told me to. What do you mean?"

"I mean what are you doing over there?"

"Oh, my bad we all ended up sleeping here last night. Everybody got a little too drunk and couldn't drive home"

"Yeah okay I get that but it's like 2 in the fucking afternoon"

"Woah chill sis", he said quickly. "We all just woke up that's why"

"Right um whatever let me just talk to Ari", I said rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

I could hear everybody in the background and I heard Jesse call out Ariana's name. It sounded like she was upstairs or something. Wherever she was, I just wanted her to get to the phone.

"Hello?", I heard her say.

"Hey Ari", I said kind of annoyed.

"Oh hey baby", she said softly. "Were you sleeping earlier? Sounds like you just woke up"

"Yeah I was"

"Aww I'm sorry if I woke you earlier"

"No it's okay but um what the fuck are y'all doing right now? Is like everyone still there or something?", I asked quickly.

"Well it's just me, Vic, Kehlani, and Court right now——"

"——And Jesse", I interrupted.

"Yeah and Jesse. Um, Lexie and Ricardo left a few minutes ago"

"Right"

"What's wrong?", she asked me.

"Nothing"

"You sure?"

"Yeah babe", I spoke up. "What are you doing though?"

"Nothing really", she said. "I mean everyone's about to leave in a few but Jesse invited us all for dinner at his house tonight so I was upstairs looking for something to wear"

"Dinner? Why?", I asked sort of aggravated.

"Yeah babe dinner. Why do you sound so upset?"