Body Count (30)

(Ariana pictured above)

January 2nd, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Republic Records Recording Studio
3:23 PM

Ariana POV
Y/N and I haven't really talked to each other since yesterday even though she tried calling me a few times. I just sent her a text before I went to bed last night but I made it known that I'm still upset with her. I don't understand why she felt the need to lie to me because it wasn't necessary. I would've understood. Pharrell called me in to finish up one of the tracks on my album about an hour ago so by the time that I got here it was almost 3:30.

"Look who finally decided to show up", he smiled as I walked in.

"Hey Pharrell", I smiled back.

I took a seat in the chair next to him and to my surprise Y/N wasn't in the room.

"Um where's Y/N?", I asked him.

"She left her laptop in her car so she went to go get it"

"Oh okay"

I sat and watched Pharrell fidget with his computer and mess around with beats. Usually I'm relaxed in the studio but I was getting really impatient waiting on Y/N. After about 5 minutes went by, she came into the studio with her laptop in her hand and gave me an awkward smile.

"Hey babe", she said.

"Hey"

Y/N bent down to give me a kiss on the lips but I turned my head slightly causing her to kiss my cheek.

"What took you so long?", I asked.

"I was talking to Ella's mom because apparently no one has seen her since she left the hospital"

"Oh that's weird"

"I know but I'm sure she's good"

As I watched Y/N hook up her laptop, I couldn't help but wonder what she's thinking. I mean if she wanted to she could easily go back to Ella. After a few minutes of me thinking, Y/N played me a beat and gave me a paper to write some lyrics on it. Pharrell and I sat across from each other coming up with lyrics as Y/N fooled around with the sound. This went on for almost an hour until I got into the booth to record whatever I had. Through the glass I saw Y/N press a button so that she could speak to me before I began.

"You ready?", she asked.

"Yeah go ahead", I said putting my headphone fully on.

As soon as she started recording, I started singing into the mic with my eyes closed.

"Tell me why you gotta look at me that way, You know what it does to me, So baby, what you tryna say? Ayy, Lately, all I want is you on top of me ,You know where your hands should be, So baby, won't you come show me? Mmm, I got you, I got you dreamin', You close your eyes and you're screamin', Play with your mind for no reason, I know you love how I tease it, You know that I'm playin', so don't be mistaken,You already know what I'm thinkin', Oh, why'd you have to be so cute?, It's impossible to ignore you, ah, Why must you make me laugh so much?, It's bad enough we get along so well"

Once I finished with my verse, I looked up and saw that Pharrell was gone. Y/N just sat there staring at me with this smile on her face. I hung the headphones up and walked out of the booth and towards Y/N.

"I'm guessing that was good?", I joked.

"Yeah that was perfect babe"

"Thanks? Where did Pharrell go?", I asked.

"He had to leave but he didn't want to interrupt you"

"Oh okay well I guess we can call it a day then"