Ruin My Makeup Pt. 1 (45)

(Ariana pictured above)

March 29th, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Republic Records Recording Studio
11:13 AM

Y/N POV
"Just do that one more time exactly like the last take", I said to Ariana.

"Okay play it back"

I sat in my chair and listened to Ariana re-record over the track as I rearranged her vocals. For the past week, we haven't really been hanging out or talking to each other that much. Whenever we did hang out with each other, we were either having sex or in the studio recording music. It's not like I'm still as upset as I was with her or anything but it's just been kind of strained this past week.

"A feeling that you can't fight, my one. It lingers when we're done... You'll believe God is a woman", Ariana sang strongly through the mic.

"Alright that's great Ari", I said cutting her off.

Ariana walked out of the booth and took a seat next to me. As usual, she switched off between watching me work and scrolling through her phone. It was silent for a bit until she spoke up while she scrolled through what looked like Instagram.

"Are you coming tonight?", Ari asked.

"Coming where?"

"To Nobu. It's Court's birthday today Y/N, remember?"

"Oh yeah my bad I almost forgot", I said honestly.

"She invited pretty much everyone so are you coming?", she asked me again.

"Yeah I'll be there"

"Okay I'll let her know", Ari said looking back down at her phone.

"Did she think that I wasn't going to show up or something?"

"Well she invited your brother before you two got into it so that's why she told me to ask you"

"Oh well tell her I'll be there anyways", I said.

I haven't spoken to Jesse since his little dinner party. He's been trying to talk to me but I'll be honest and say that I don't fuck with him at all right now. Maybe I'm a little immature for it but it's fuck him until I feel like talking to him again.

"Knock, knock", Kehlani said as she and Demi busted into the studio.

Demi was standing behind Kehlani who had a box of pizza in her hand. They both took a seat on the couch behind Ari and I. I had a session with Demi and Kehlani in a few minutes so they just sat and waited for me to get done with my session with Ariana. For about ten minutes, they chilled behind us and talked amongst each other until I got done with Ari's vocals. Within a few seconds, Ariana leaned over and gave me a kiss on the lips before getting up out of the chair she was sitting in.

"Alright I guess I'll see you two tonight?", Ari said referring to Kehlani and I.

"Okay see you Ariana", Kehlani spoke up.

"Bye Ari", Demi said smiling.

"See you Ari", I said smiling slightly. "Oh and can you text Scooter and let him know that I'm sending the completed track over tonight?", I continued.

"Yeah sure babe"

Ariana bent down once more and placed another kiss on my lips before grabbing her things and heading out of the studio. Once the door shut, Kehlani took Ariana's seat and Demi grabbed a chair from the corner and brought it near us.

"So what are you two doing tonight?", Demi asked us.

"Court is having dinner at Nobu for her birthday tonight", Kehlani responded.