Christmas Eve (26)

(Ricky pictured above)

December 24th, 2017
Beverly Hills, CA
Ariana's House
8:32 PM

Y/N POV
[Y/N]: babe I'm sorry I overslept

[Y/N]: I'm like 2 minutes away

I tried calling and texting Ariana a few times but she wouldn't pick up her phone. I totally forgot about the dinner that she invited me to and when I got home earlier from the studio I immediately fell asleep. By the time I woke up, it was already 30 minutes past the time that I was supposed to be there so I know I'm probably not making a good impression on her dad now. Once I got to her place, I saw all of the cars outside. I thought that she said the dinner was only going to be a few people but I guess she didn't want to over exaggerate the occasion.

*Ding Dong*

After a few seconds, Victoria opened the door and gave me an awkward smile before letting me in.

"How mad is she with me?", I asked curiously.

"Trust me she has other things on her mind", she said rolling her eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see"

"What do you mean exactly?"

Victoria didn't respond to my question but she just took me to where everybody else was. I could hear a few people in the living room and some people in the kitchen but she walked me to the dining room.  When we walked into the dining room, I was completely caught off guard when I saw who was sitting at the table.

"Hey babe", Ariana said giving me an awkward smile.

Everyone in the room looked back at me and I just smiled back awkwardly. Her brother, mom, dad and a few friends were sitting across the table but I couldn't help but look to see who was sitting next to her dad's seat. It was her ex-boyfriend, Ricky, eating the food in the front of him. I couldn't actually believe what I was seeing and if her family wasn't around I would've probably made a scene. This is the first time I've ever really seen him in person and it doesn't feel too good.

"Goodnight everyone sorry I'm late", I said saying hello.

"That's okay sweetheart", Ariana's mom said.

Everyone else responded back nicely and her dad stood up in his seat to greet me. He put his hand out for me to shake and to be completely honest I didn't want to walk near him with Ricky sitting next to him. For the sake of my relationship, I just walked over and quickly shook his hand and said hello.

"How've you been Y/N?", he asked me.

"I've been great sir how have you been?"

"I'm okay could be better", he said giving me a slight glare.

Before I could respond, Ariana quickly caught my attention when she spoke up.

"Um babe come sit next to me", Ariana said.

"Alright", I said walking over to the other side of the table.