Major Setbacks (24)

(Ella pictured above)

December 19th, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Y/N's House
11:25 AM

Y/N POV
"Baby wake up", I heard Ariana say.

"Uhh I don't feel like it", I said groaning.

"Please", she begged.

"What time is it?", I asked still sleeping.

"It's 11:30"

"Babe!", I groaned loudly.

I was at the studio all morning with Pharrell and Chris. I didn't get home until almost 5 in the morning. To say the very least, I'm still pretty exhausted. I've probably been up for at least 24 hours and although I love my job, I kind of hate it right now. When I walked into my bedroom this morning, Ariana was knocked out sleeping. She looked a mess and fucking beautiful all at the same time. It was cute but I couldn't wait to get in bed.

"I just wanted to say goodbye baby", she said kissing my cheek.

"Where are you going?", I asked as I quickly shot up.

"Mmm good morning", she said softly.

"Good morning babe", I smiled. "Where are you going?", I asked once more.

"I'm going to pick up my dad from the airport"

"Really?"

Ariana and I's dad didn't really get along well. He pretended to like me for awhile but after he saw how serious Ariana and I were getting he showed his true colors. He's actually one of the main reasons why Ariana and I broke up the first time. He basically forbid her from seeing me.

"What is he in LA for?", I asked.

"For Christmas. He wanted to be around family so I got him a ticket to come", she spoke up.

"Oh okay", I said awkwardly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing", I lied.

"No I saw that look on your face Y/N. What's up?", she asked.

"It's just that your dad doesn't like me very much", I said honestly.

"Trust me he's over that babe", Ariana said. "I told him about us and we talked about the past"

"What did he say?"

"That he was sorry about how he acted", she spoke up. "Trust me he's changed"

"Alright I'm glad", I said honestly.

I'm hoping that what Ariana is saying is true. I want nothing more than to get along with my girlfriend's dad.

"Well I'll see you later?", she whispered.

"Yeah of course"

Ariana bent down to give me a kiss before walking out of my room and out the front door. I quickly looked at the time on my phone and immediately shut my eyes closed. What felt like days went by and by the time that I woke up it was almost 7 p.m.. I grabbed my phone off of my bed and checked my messages.