The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 1)

I started as something that was going to be really short, and then I mean like one or two chapters but I've already most of the story figured out in my head! =D It went really fast and I can't even typed fast enough to get it all down on a piece of paper or a word document.

It's long I know, but I hoped you like it. I've already a couple of chapters written but since it takes me a while to write one I'm only going to upload once I finish one. But first!! I want to know what you think about it, comment and vote if you think it's good.

By the way, stars * separate days while dashes - separate different moment on the same day.

There are names that might seem a little strange. Well it's because they're not English; I didn't want to think of my own made-up names so I took a word in English and translated it.

Zjarr means Fire in Albanian

Fullmåne: you pronounce Fullmon. It means Full Moon in Swedish

Álfar means Elves in Icelandic

Salji means Snow in Malay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad was going to kill me! That was all I could think about, the King was going to kill me if he found out, and there was no way I could stop him from finding out. I had spent months convincing him to let me go one this trip with his advisers and now I was going to pay for what I did during the trip.

I had locked myself away in my cabin since we had left the mainland. As far as anyone knew, accept for the captain but he kept my secret, I didn't leave my room and only opened the door to take the tray of food someone had placed before it.

But at night, I always came out. I went to the main deck and would jump in the water. I would spend the entire night with that creature that was going to piss of my dad big time. My dragon!

I just love thinking that; "my dragon" and I just couldn't get enough of it. It just felt so good! I'm the princess so I didn't get a lot of... well anything really. The most excited thing that had ever happened in my life, apart from this trip and my dragon, was when my maid had left me alone and I sneaked out to go to the market.

And in our kingdom a dragon knight had different laws. So they applied for me to now. Oh my dad was so not going to like it, especially since King Adjar wanted war. Because I didn't want to marry his eldest son, I'm sorry but had he seen the guy. He was fat, ugly and didn't treat women very well. If he trained a little, got some face maskers and treated women like we should be treated, I might consider to marry him but until then there was no way of getting me near him.

Back to the war, since I had a dragon now, I was a dragon knight even though I didn't know a thing about fighting. I hadn't even held a sword before. A dragon knight is often at the head of the army or used as a secret weapon. A dragon knight served the King during war but was nowhere to be found in times of peace.

But I was a girl! Girls didn't fight, girls didn't become dragon knights. Oh dragon... My father was going to kill me.

With that thought I fell asleep.

**************************************************

It was dark outside when I woke up. I had slept all afternoon, dreaming of my dragon, my father and a mystery man. It was very confusing; all I remembered were the flashes of bright lights.

I got up from my bed and put on a light robe. I opened the door quietly, checking the corridor before going out. I walked up the stairs to the main deck not making any noise; the captain almost got a heart attack when I said hi.