Chapter 22 : Jealous Vibes

Spencer's POV

* Monday at school *

I am sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring. I have to admit I am pretty nervous about going home with Toby. I mean he's amazing and all but the more time I spend with him the more my feelings begin to develop. And the harder it is for me to hide those emotions from him. He probably just wants to be friends but I want something more. Who am I kidding like that ever going to happen?

I was that distracted in my thoughts that I didn't notice the bell ringing and everyone surrounding me leaving the classroom. I quickly grabbed my stuff and bolted into the parking lot. I spotted Toby standing beside Caleb's black car. He was taking to Hanna and Caleb. Shit! Hanna was probably going to days a bunch of embarrassing things about me and ask Toby if he likes me. I love Hanna and all but sometimes she can be pretty nosy. I casually walked over to the car and Toby looked towards me.

'Hey' He said as I approached the car.

'Hi should we go?' I asked. I seen Toby's facial expression change and he was looking at something behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to figure out what he was looking at. I turned around to come face to face with Yvonne standing beside her super expensive car. I'm surprised because I knew Yvonne was popular and all but I didn't know she was rich. I'm not surprised why practically every guy at Rosewood high is drooling over her.

She was standing beside Alison and Mona and they were all just laughing at Jenna walking past. They started shouting mean comments at her. Who do they think they are? They can't just go around and bully whoever they want! At this point my anger got the better of me and before I knew it I was speed walking up to them. I could hear Toby running behind me calling my name but I didn't care.

'Why the hell do you guys think you can bully whoever you want!' I shouted in their faces. They immediately stopped laughing and Yvonne took a step forward.

'Because I own this school so get that through that fat head of yours' she hissed. I was about to throw myself at her but before I could I felt an arm on my shoulder. I could have known who it was in my sleep. Toby.

'Spencer just walk away' he said calmly. I looked back at the three bitches in front of me and the only word I could describe use to describe their faces would be shocked. 'Fighting won't get you anywhere'.

'Yeah I guess' I said placing my hand over the one he had on my shoulder. He gave me a small smile and sighed.

'And as for you three mind your own damn business' he said before pulling me around to walk to his car. I couldn't get Yvonne's face out of my head. She seemed super shocked that Toby shook up for me. And she was undoubtedly jealous too.

'I'm sorry about that' I said to Toby once we approached his golden truck. He just shook his head.

'You shouldn't be, not many people are brave enough to stand up to those three' he replied. We both entered his truck and he turned his keys to start the engine. 'Your really brave you know that?' He said.

'Thanks' I replied with a smile. 'Someone has to tell them off for talking to anyone like that'.

'True' He said turning on the radio. The song Always by Isak Danielson came on. 'So you doing to Noel's party this Saturday?' He asked his eyes focused on the road. 'The entire schools going to be there'.

'I'm not sure' I said hoping he wouldn't get annoyed. 'I'll probably check with the girls if they are going first'. He nodded at my answer.

'Noel can be quite a jerk sometimes but we've known each other since we were pretty young so it would be rude not to be friends' he explained. 'Our families would go on holiday pretty much every summer so he's like my older brother'.

'I think it's nice how you have a close friendship' I said genuinely. 'But then again all your friends are pretty much like your brothers right?' I asked.

'Yeah although I've known Noel for longer than any of the other guys I'm probably the closest with Caleb' he said. I just smiled at him. He looked over at me once he had parked the truck outside my house.

'What are you smiling at?' He asked with one eyebrow raised. I stayed silent for a moment before speaking up.

'I don't know I guess your just different from what I thought' I said plainly. He just laughed. 'Do you want to come inside for a bit, I could use the company'.

'Sure my parents won't be home until later today anyway' he said and we both exited his truck.

We walked indoor the house and dumped our bags on the table. Toby say on the couch looking for something to watch whilst I decided to grab an apple to eat. I tossed one at Toby and he thanked me.

'There's nothing to watch' Toby groaned. I laughed at his immaturity.

'Oh come on let's do something else' I said pulling him off the couch. He eventually agreed.

'Like what?' He asked waiting for my answer. I thought for a moment before answering.

'How would you feel about playing some scrabble?' I asked. His eyes immediately widened and he smirked.

'How would you feel about getting beaten' he replied. I slapped his arm in annoyance and he just laughed. This was going to be one long game.

—————————————————————

Hey another chapter up for you guys, hope your having a good weekend ❤️

Loads of Spoby scenes in this chapter so I really hope you enjoyed it ❤️

The picture is of Toby and Spencer standing beside Calebs car watching 'the mean girls' harass Yvonne ❤️

Please vote / comment / follow ❤️

Next chapter again should be up tomorrow so turn on your notifications because it's a good one ❤️

I might skip the next chapter to Thursday for the cheerleading tryouts because there is no point in including regular school days which nothing happens ❤️

I really hope you guys have been enjoying reading this Spoby fanfiction as much as I have loved writing it ❤️

I have been given some mean comments about my writing in the past especially since I'm only 13 so apparently I'm not 'experienced enough' but reading your guys' comments always brings joy to my day so THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤️

Anyway sorry about all my blabbering, hope you enjoyed ❤️

- L❤️