Chapter 33 - Abyss stares back

Takasugi stared into nothingness as she siting in bathtub filled with bubbles. Her golden hair was floating on the water while she was lost in though.

'School was called off so fast... I couldn't even meet him...' She sighed and stood up.

She left the bathtub and used towel to dry herself.

'I wonder...' She looked at her reflection in mirror '...If he find me attractive...'

"...If you don't take care of yourself more, you will never get a boyfriend..." She heard voice of her mother inside her head as she put on her clothes and image of Y/N seeing her messy room flashed in her memory.

She looked at her black blouse and jeans.

'...But he already saw who I was...' She slightly clenched her fists '...He knows how--...'

Her fists clenched harder, when she tried forget the last sentence.

She walked to empty kitchen and glanced at note on fridge before opening it.

(I need to travel to europe for three weeks, sorry that I couldn't spend your birthday with you. I'll leave some extra money for cake and I will bring a present from europe!)

She opened the fridge and looked at empty bottle of orange juice.

'Great, now I need to go shopping...' She looked through the window at snow falling down on dark street.

"Why live this miserable life..." She start hearing voices inside her head.

Her eyes wandered to kitchen knife.

"One more prick, one more cut... They won't notice anyway..."

She reached out trembling hand towards it and suddenly memory of meeting Y/N recently surfaced. She quickly pulled back her hand and looked at it.

Shelve of blouse dropped a bit and revealed some of the wounds right bellow her wrist.

"...He saw them and ignored it..."

"...Nobody cares about you, not even your own mother..."

"...You have no friends, do you think you could be with someone from that league..."

"No... It's not true!" She took few steeps back and looked at kitchen knife like she was talking to it.

She suddenly felt a weird feeling, like someone is watching her.

"...Look at yourself, what kind of worth you have..."

Someone was in the kitchen, she could feel his presence, she could feel his breath.

"...Why don't you just go die already?"

She quickly ran out of kitchen and headed towards the front door. She rushed through it and didn't even bother to close them.

Freezing air hit her in face and filled her lungs. Her heart was racing and her socks quickly became like cold stone.

She ran forward without thinking, her body started to feel the cold and her foots quickly became numb from it as she ran through alley and dropped on snow on her knees.

Her whole body was trembling from cold and her lungs were burning. Warm tears started falling on the snow.

"Thoust gave up already?" She heard voice of a woman and raised her head.

White-haired woman wearing weird-fashioned black clothes and helmet with mask covering her whole face was standing in front of her.