Bonus chapter: Into Insanity

"Director, I have arrived--" Ellen walked into fancy office and saw Isaac siting on the floor with pale face, trembling "DIRECTOR!"

She ran towards him and checked his pulse.

"I saw it..." Isaac mumbled "...A world with magic and corrupted by it..."

"What?" Ellen looked at him confused and glanced at his desk.

Two cracked orbs were held inside container made of glass, while third one was empty.

"God dammit!" Ellen looked at him "I told you to not use it! It could be a trap set up by him to kill you!"

"It killed me... I felt every hit, every cut, every burn..." Isaac mumbled and looked into her eyes "...I felt the death, and you should too..."

"I'm taking you to hospital!" Ellen tried to pick him up, but he resisted.

"No..." He stood up on his own and looked at containers containing orbs "...We need to starts experiments on those things"

"Director, you're not in shape to do that!" Ellen started arguing "You cannot do that now, especially after you used one! I don't know what happen, but this definitively isn't good for you!"

"There are things that can and cannot wait dear Ellen" He smiled and sat on chair "But you're right, I need to rest a bit..."

"What happen?" Ellen asked him and he took a deep breath.

"That thing..." He pointed at orbs "They sent me to strange world, similar to ours, but there was no sun or moon. Everything was grey and almost lifeless..."

"What was next?"

"Those things... They looked like humans, yet they clearly weren't or was them at some point..."

"Did they do something to you?" Ellen asked worried.

"They attacked me..." He looked at his hand "...I didn't stand a chance, they cut me down without any problems and I died..."

"We don't what that is and what is it's purpose, so please don't do anything stupid. If you die, we won't be able to change the world!" Ellen begged.

"I know that..." He sighed and slowly regained his composure "...Thank you for carrying so much for me Ellen, I really appreciate that"

"It's my duty as your secretary" Ellen blushed a little.

"I value your loyalty, but there is something I want to ask of you. It's very personal for you, so I don't expect you to agree" He looked into her eyes "I need your daughter to get close to Y/N, I want to know as much possible about his world"

"Director, there are many other ways to do it!" Ellen protested "Even if I had to, I would use my own body to do this!"

"Enough" He raised his hand to silence her "I know that she's already close to him, that's why I'm asking you. She will fall for him at some point and you won't stop her from doing so, but if we know more about Y/N, we could save her from potential danger..."

"I don't really understand that Director..." Ellen said with mixed feelings.

"Decision is up to you, Ellen" Isaac stood up and walked towards doors "Now please excuse me, I have to assign research team.

"Understood" Ellen said and Isaac walked out of his office.

Her hand clenched and she looked angry at door.

"Damn you Isaac..." She mumbled "...Why both of you can't stay away from her?"

[50k reads are aproaching, the meme wave is comming...]