Seventeen

An hour later and Arden is dressed in a suit and tie, as he recommended a nice summer dress (below), picking it out himself.

He helps me into the dress, tying the back for me. "Baby, you look amazing," he says twirling me around, then pulls me to him, "good enough to eat," he whispers in my ear.

I grab a pair of flip-flops and we leave our room, and go outside. Arden smiling proudly as I hold his arm in mine.

The whole pack has arrived, and seated as they await, the council and us. Seeing Arden and I walk on stage the pack stands and bows to us in respect. Bryson winks at me, as they all sit down.

Arden looks to Bryson and motions for him to join us on stage. And he gets up and stands next to me.

Arden let's go of my hand and steps forward, "we all know why we are here, correct," Arden says. The pack all nods. "Good, now let's welcome the council of elders to the stage and get this over with," Arden says stepping back, and then reclaims my hand in his.

He looks down and smiles at me, bringing my hand to his lips, he kisses my knuckles. Just then the elders walk on stage and sit at a long table that was setup. Arden leads me to the table and pulls a chair out for me, as I sit he pushes it in.

Sitting himself, he takes my hand again, on the table. "I think I've become an addict," he mindlinks me, smiling, "I can't seem to keep my hands off you and those sparks feel absolutely wonderful," he says. I am at him, blushing.

Bryson walks up and stands behind me, "Luna I am here to keep you safe, no matter what," he mindlinks me. "Thank you Bryson," I link back.

Then the council starts asking questions as soon as Alpha Grey and my father Beta Kyle is brought up to the stage.

After about an hour, of questioning me, they begin questioning them.

"Alpha Grey, what makes you think that she was your mate?"

"The day she turned eighteen, I knew right away she was destined to be mine, then she disappeared and I find her in the arms of him, after he reported that he had found her, three weeks after she disappeared," Alpha Grey says.

Arden growls, and I start rubbing my thumb on his hand, as he's holding mine.

"Beta Kyle, is this true?" The council asks. My dad looks at me, "yes, council he is telling the truth," my Dad says. I feel tears threaten to show as my own Dad betrays me.

"Well, we can't undo a mating, as you can clearly see she is officially mated to Arden," the council says. Alpha Grey looks at me, and starts growling.

I shrink into my chair in fear, and Bryson rests his hands on my shoulders, helping me stay grounded.

"But we can ensure both packs, that you will return home, as we can't tell who is telling the truth," the council says. "Alpha Grey and Beta Kyle, will be escorted off the Skye territory and onto a plane home, as Luna Summer remains with Alpha Arden," they finish.

I let out a breath of air in releif at this news. "What stops them from attacking the Skye Pack and forcing our Luna to leave," Arden's Dad says standing up in the pack.

I look at him in surprise. "Nothing," the council says. My fear spikes at their answer. Instantly my instincts are telling me to run, but Bryson tightens his hold on my shoulders.

"It'll hurt Arden and the pack, if you do what I know you want to do," Bryson says to me in mindlink. I look to Arden and he has panic in his eyes, as he stares at me.

"Is this council meeting over, I'd like to take my mate him now," Arden growls. "It is," the council says.

Arden has me in his arms quicker than I could think possible. As we leave the stage, I hear my Dad and Alpha Grey growl, but as I turn to look, Bryson blocks my sight. "Ignore them Luna," he says.

I nod my head and cuddle into Arden's arms, a feeling of safety washes over me as I do, but I let a wimper out as I realize that I am still indanger.

################################

* Please vote and comment.