Chapter 3

Cain's fist swung towards my left cheek, and I narrowly dodged it, knowing that the whole side of my face would have shattered if he landed the punch.

I swung my leg out in the direction of his punch, effectively using his own strength against him, and knocking him off balance. He stumbled, and I used the opportunity to kick his knee in, which sent him tumbling to the ground.

I launched myself on top of him, eager to pin him. Unfortunately, the moment I went on top of his chest, he flipped us over, and I was unable to get out from underneath him.

"Close, pup. You're getting better," Cain caressed my hair as I struggled to get unpinned from underneath him.

Won't be long until I kick your ass, Alpha, I playfully responded, snapping my canines at him.

"We'll see about that, little mate," Cain kissed my nose, before getting off of me. "Now hurry up and go get ready so we can go to Red Crescent. We're leaving in an hour."

I nodded and went into the bathroom to shower. Cain agreed to an impromptu fight in our room so I could work out some of my aggression before going to Red Crescent. My wolf was incredibly on edge, eager to kill anyone who disrespected us. I knew Cain was worried I would kill too many Red Crescent members, which according to him, would be a "bad idea". What a buzzkill.

I showered and got dressed in black leggings, black boots, a tight black long sleeve shirt, and my black cloak. I typically wore my fur cloak that Cain gave me, but I know that Red Crescent members have learned to fear and respect my cloaked figure. They had seen me kill enough people in it to know that I do not play games.

"I see you decided not to take Cain's advice to ease up on the intimidation," Axel commented once I went downstairs, where him and the other warriors accompanying us were waiting.

Cain doesn't know what he's talking about. Trust me, I know how to control Red Crescent members. This is my domain, not his. I responded, smirking as I pulled up my cloth mask over my mouth and nose.

"Want to spar really quick before we leave? You could take out some of your aggression on me so you're less likely to kill someone," Axel offered, his eyes aglow with excitement at the prospect.

Thanks for offering, but Cain and I already were sparing all morning, I responded and the excitement in his eyes diminished as I turned down his offer.

"Okay, another time then," He said with an edge in his voice I didn't recognize.

We spar all of the time, Axel. What's the matter? You're acting weird, I laughed at his strangeness.

Axel's face reddened as he glared at me. "You're so irritating, I just miss having an excuse to punch you in the face."

I was howling with laughter, and Axel joined in too. He had been getting better lately at landing hits on me. I wish I could give myself all of the credit since he learned from sparing with me, but it was likely mostly due to the fact that he was the Beta now.

Unfortunately, my laughing attack turned into a coughing fit, and out of nowhere, Lucas appeared,
ready to serve.

"Luna, are you okay? Should I get the pack doctor?" He questioned, surveying the room for a threat. Lucas was a former pack warrior, who became the Delta of Blood Lake once Carter died, and then became the Gamma once Axel replaces Jax the Traitor as Beta. He was a decent guy, and a fantastic warrior for someone with no Gamma bloodline, but I just had one issue with him.

I'm fine, Lucas. I just coughed, no need to alert the media. Stop hovering, I scolded him for what felt like the millionth time.

His eyes scanned over my body to make sure that I really wasn't harmed, and when he deemed that I was safe, he nodded once and stepped away, but didn't take his eyes off of me.