Chapter 4

"What the fuck did you just say?" Cain growled at Mason, his typically guttural voice sounding even harsher than usual.

Mason's gaze shifted from mine to Cain, whom he regarded coolly. "I meant no disrespect, Alpha. I was merely stating the obvious. Do you disagree that your mate looks well?"

Instantly, Cain grabbed Mason by the neck and threw him into the nearest wall, sending him through the drywall. Cain was shirtless as usual, and his veins were angrily popping out of his arms as he stalked towards the wall which he sent Mason through, presumably to finish him off.

Cain! Stop this! I mindlinked him.

Cain hesitated at my voice, but his body was shaking in anger, and I could tell he was on the verge of shifting. He ignored me, and continued moving towards Mason, who got up and began dusting himself off.

Seb took a step towards Cain as he rolled up his sleeves, anger in his eyes. "You said you wouldn't kill anyone when you came, Alpha."

Cain slowly turned around to look at Sebastian, who, to his credit, held his ground against the formidable man in front of him. "He obviously has a death wish. I will oblige."

If you kill someone then I'm killing someone too, I told Cain, willing to make the trade.

Cain turned towards me, his black eyes ablaze with fury. "If someone makes a pass at me, then you are allowed to kill them. I would never stand in your way."

I sighed. I didn't want to have to do this here, especially not in front of the Red Crescent pack leaders, but Cain was like a dog with a bone (no pun intended).

Cain's back was turned as he faced Mason, who stood in a defensive position with a smirk on his face. Why the hell was Mason trying to provoke Cain? Even though Mason was a strong wolf, Cain is nearly invincible.

I threw a knife at Cain.

Due to his wolf being in control, his senses were heightened to the extreme, and he turned around right before the knife sank into his shoulder blade, and swatted the knife away as if it were a pesky fly.

Ares. If you try to stop me from killing the pup then you will be punished for it later, Cain threatened, and I could see the warning in both his eyes and posture.

Promise, Alpha? I smarted off with a smirk, both wanting to provoke him and distract him. It worked.

Cain stalked towards me, and I flashed my canines at him, excited for what was coming next.

He grabbed my waist and threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I winked at Axel, who was fascinated as the scene unfolded in front of both Red Crescent and Blood Lake wolves. He narrowed his eyes at me when I winked.

Cain, who was still shaking from fighting the urge to shift, followed where I instructed him to go. Luckily, I knew this pack house like the back of my hand.

Once we got to the empty room, Cain roughly threw me on the bed, and already was unbuttoning his jeans.

I grinned, my sliver eyes lighting up as my canines dropped further.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Cain, who was much calmer after our copulation, began to put back on his jeans. "Put on your clothes," He gruffly ordered, still being a grumpy pants.

I rolled my eyes. Yes, Alpha, I responded sarcastically, even though I felt much better after the mating, and I could tell he did too.

I begun dressing myself, and looked in the mirror on the wall, and looked at the bite Cain left in my neck. Often times during our mating, he would reclaim me, like the beast he is. Ever since my Alpha strength surfaced, I no longer passed out every time he bit me. I was about to wipe the small traces of blood of my neck, when he suddenly appeared behind my and grabbed my hand.