Chapter 24

For all you brats that yelled at me for the last cliffhanger ;) ....

Ouch, I groan as Gwen yanks a brush through my hair. Try leaving some hair in my head, would you?

"It's not my fault you haven't brushed your hair since 1972," Gwen rolls her eyes, and Onyx giggles from her spot sitting on the countertop of the bathroom.

I've been a little busy with other things, I sourly reply, looking at myself in the mirror.

After spending what felt like hours arguing, Gwen finally got me to agree to let her do my makeup. Now, my eyes were framed by thick, dark eyelashes. On my eyelids, she had smeared some kind of glitter that made my eyes itch. The urge to rub my eyes was unbelievable.

Onyx and Gwen were already dressed and had their hair and makeup done. I watched in morbid fascination as they had slathered product after product on their faces, completely clueless as to what they were doing. I will admit though, they looked stunning. Onyx wore a short blue dress with silver heels, and her wild, black curly hair had pins with small jewels scattered throughout. Around her neck was a thin chain with a huge gem attached, a piece of jewelry I hadn't ever seen her wear before. Gwen wore a tight, red, low cut dress and nude heels. Her green eyes popped with the black eye makeup that surrounded them. Her red hair was slicked back into a sleek looking ponytail, not a single hair out of place.

I growled as Gwen yanked the brush through my hair once more. "Relax, I think that was the last knot." She ran the brush through my hair again, and I winced as my head jerked to the side. "Oops, my bad. That was the last knot."

She began straightening my hair as she said, "Hey, Nyx, be a dear and hand me my purse, would you?"
Onyx nodded and retrieved it, handing it to her. Gwen put down the straightener and opened her purse before grabbing what she had been looking for, which was, of course, a bottle of vodka.

She took a gulp of it before handing it to me. I took a drink, but not before griping, You couldn't have given me the alcohol before ripping half of my hair out of my head?

"Drink," Gwen ordered Onyx, handing her the bottle. Onyx looked between her and the bottle, unsure. "Come on, Onyx! We're going out, you should at least pre-game."

Onyx groaned. "For the record, I totally realize that you're peer-pressuring me into this." Gwen grinned at her as she look a swig.

Onyx's face twisted in disgust as she coughed. "That's terrible. Why would anyone voluntarily drink that?"

Gwen snorted. "You'll find out soon enough, baby. Keep drinking, I'm watching you."

After what felt like forever, Gwen finally finished my hair, and threw a piece of clothing at me. "Put this on, and if you complain, I'll make you wear something of mine." I scowled, knowing that she would intentionally choose the most revealing dress of hers she owned.

I looked at what she tossed me, and it was the black minidress from the first store in the mall. "Oh, and I laid out the rest of your outfit on the bed, make sure you put the other stuff on first."

I frowned in confusion. What does she mean the rest of my outfit?

I rolled my eyes when I saw what she had laid on the bed. It was a lacy black lingerie set that she must have gotten while we were at the mall. I put it on before my dress, and it was completely unnoticeable underneath. Cain certainly was in for a surprise when we get back.

Gwen had also laid out a pair of extremely high black heels, and when I put them on, I didn't really understand why women always complained about wearing them. They weren't that hard to walk in, especially since I don't lack coordination or balance. In fact, they actually wouldn't make that bad of weapons either, if someone really needed one.