Chapter 20

A/N: EVERYONE CALMMMMMM DOWN! I know this is the third Lethal chapter I've posted today (go read the last two if you haven't yet btw) but I promise ONYX will be updated next so don't hurt me pweeaaaase.

Happy reading!

When I finally got off of the floor, I dusted myself off and cleared my throat. Any chance you feel like hunting? I could really go for a couple of kills right now.

Thane chuckled, rising as well. "Lethal woman! Your thirst for blood knows no bounds."

Is that a no? I challenge, raising an eyebrow.

He rolls his eyes. "Go put on your cloak, Reaper, I'll get dressed as well. I'll meet you at the front door in a few minutes."

I'm grinning from ear to ear as I leave his office, looking at the knife the whole time, watching how it catches the light. The stones seemed to glow faintly, and I wondered what kind of gems decorated the hilt.

"Luna," Axel greets me as I step into the hallway where our rooms are. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry. It's your trauma. I shouldn't be telling you how to deal with it."

His voice surprises me out of my fixation on the knife. Oh, um, it's fine. I'm going hunting with Thane, I'll be back soon.

"You're spending a lot of time with the Alpha," Axel notes.

And? I question.

"And I- Hey, what's that?" He asks, looking at the knife.

I shrug and casually say, Just a knife. I'm working on my Gift, who knew I could summon daggers with pretty stones?

Axel, already disinterested in the weapon, tells me to be safe with Thane, which I promise him I will be. I almost felt bad for how easily I lied to him, and how effortless it was.

I get dressed, putting on my boots, leggings, a black crop top, and of course, my cloak. I hide the dagger in one of the inside pockets, keeping it close to me, as I would now do for the rest of my life.

I met Thane by the front door, and he was much more put together than the last time I had seen him. This time, he was smart enough to wear all black.

I know I'm kind of a fashion trendsetter, but your mimicry is going a little far, I tease him, and he rolls his eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you how annoying you are?" He asks, stepping outdoors with me following him.

Sexy? Yes. Smart? All the time. Amazing fighting skills? Also yes. Annoying? Never, I say, and he snorts.

"Ares making a joke? I must be in Hell," Thane remarks, and I scowl. Do people really think I'm not funny?

We walk through the woods in silence for awhile when I hear a branch crunching in the distance. Dibs, I say and Thane groans. Gotta be faster than that, Alpha.

I sprint in the direction of the noise, and could smell the rogue.

When I see him, I'm thankful that he's large for a rogue, highly muscular. Should put up a decent fight.

I whistle, loud enough for the rogue to hear. He turns to face me, and scowls.

"What are you, some kind of low-budget assassin?" He asks sarcastically, and it makes me laugh. Yeah, I guess that's exactly what I am.

I shrug, and summon a knife, which makes him glare at me. "So you have a knife, and brought your little boyfriend? Seems unfair." The rogue says as he focuses on Thane.