Chapter Seven

"Hey Seeks, I may have found something," Hope said as she approached the front of my desk. She seemed to be in a positive mood which made me feel better. I was still going over pictures of the crime scene, trying to find something I had missed earlier. If she found anything at all, then she was doing a far better job than I was so far.

"So it's not anything definite yet, but I was able to track down a private account that Diggs had. All the money deposited went directly into an offshore account. I don't know who all is making them, but there are dozens of deposits for the same exact charge coming in at random times. Now I can't see who's doing it, because it appears that most of them area also private offshore accounts, so I can bet they're more zillionaires. And, using my detective skills, I would be willing to bet these are payments to stay in that fancy hotel room that was stocked full of drugs, toys and I'm guessing also women to help with the toy play time."

She had definitely found out more than I had. "Are you able to get any names from the accounts?"

"I only have one, and that's because it's not linked to a private offshore account. Michael Caping, that famous doctor on all the billboards, he's made payments to the accounts on almost 20 different occasions. I'm guessing that he didn't hide it because Diggs was his personal lawyer for any medical lawsuits he was apart of. Any of these transactions to an account would probably just look like fees paid to his lawyer. Here's his address, I figured you'd want to go question the guy."

I loved the working relationship I had with Hope, we made a good team. She handled most of the behind the scene stuff and I handled most of the front line work. I don't know how I'd ever discover Michael without her. And I know she'd be happier behind her computer monitors than going to question some rich snob about their overnight sexy drug parties.

"I'll definitely pay him a visit. How much are the charges for?"

"$10,000 each. And Caping's are pretty regularly spaced. I can't track down all the exact dates yet. I'm having to piece together everything because these aren't set up like regular bank accounts. But it looks like he might be going every month or every other week, I'm not sure."

"That would definitely make him someone who'd be interested in keeping things quiet, too. Especially if he was foolish enough to use a regular account to pay for it all. You know what really gets me?"

"The fact that this guy has enough to throw away 200 thousand dollars to Diggs and he probably doesn't even notice it in his account?"

"Exactly. I can't even imagine what it would be like to live that type of lifestyle."

"It's ridiculous," she agreed as she shook her head. "So have you found anything else you want me to work on yet?"

I laughed and waved my hands over my desk. "I was just waiting on you to bring me something I could work with. I'm no good at handling this side of things. I need to be out there questioning people, trying to find hidden secrets. Which I can start doing now. If you just want to keep working on that account, I'll go speak with Caping."