Chapter Thirty Five

Jeff had done his research. Every kill he made was methodical, planned out to the final detail. Even though he decided to kill Richards on the spot, he already had that church mapped out. He knew all the angles and every camera in the area that would be pointed towards him. The kill was an act of spontaneity, but the thorough research ensured it was still flawless.

His kill tonight wouldn't be nearly as much of an adrenaline rush, but it was one he couldn't wait for any longer. He knew they'd be looking for him now. They had probably already searched his apartment. His hope now was that they didn't know who his next target was. His apartment contained the information for almost 50 men. They wouldn't be able to send an officer to every door. He was going to kill Sean Singleton tonight. Finalize his revenge. After that, he could kill the others and risk getting caught. But Sean, he had to die.

Jeff or course knew that he'd be home alone tonight. Sean lived with his wife in their luxury rustic farmhouse that also had a quaint flair of modern minimalist styling. Jeff didn't believe the styles really meshed all that well, but having just one style wouldn't suffice for someone with millions in their bank accounts. Nothing's ever good enough for these men.

Sean's wife, Cathy, went out of town every other weekend to stay in their second home; a dream Malibu getaway with its own stretch of private beach. Jeff didn't know who's ideas it originally was that they spend every other weekend apart from each other, but it was they both clearly enjoyed. Those weekends are when Sean would take his stay at the hotel. Fill his time with expensive prostitutes and even more expensive drugs.

Now that the hotel wasn't available for use, Sean would spend his night in his own house, probably high on Xanax, which was his favorite drug of the month. That's what Sean did before Diggs set up their agreement with the room. He wouldn't be able to plan, or want to put the effort into finding a new place with such a short time frame.

Jeff had been relaxing inside of the house for nearly an hour at this point. The house was in a highly populated neighborhood. Small yards, short driveways, not a ton of privacy on their own. But the street was lined with other small mansions. They all had extensive landscaping done that created large barriers and privacy walls between them all. This house was no exception. There was an opening between large privacy bushes that could fit a car, but you couldn't see any other portion of the property from the roadway. It was as secluded as you could get in the city.

Jeff was excited for this one. Diggs and Singleton were the ones he wanted to kill the most. They were the ones who used their wealth to bully an entire system and ruin Jeff's life. They took everything from him. His career, his dignity, his wife and his son. It was all gone, and they were the two responsible. Jeff had originally planned to kill them both first. But he decided to save Sean for a while. He'd have nothing to look forward to if he killed them both right away. The other men were foul, also. Pretentious celebrities who pretended to be good men. But Jeff knew what they were really like. The crimes and atrocities they committed. They still needed to pay, and they had.

This one would be enjoyable. Complete privacy. No one to disturb them. Jeff was going to take his time with this kill. Sean didn't deserve to die fast. He needed to feel pain. Jeff could feel his heart pounding in his chest, thinking about watching the life drain from Sean's eyes.