Chapter Thirty

I had three detectives working the streets, collecting every bit of camera footage and witness testimony they could. I'd normally do all the work myself, especially for such a high profile case. But this time I knew me being out there wouldn't get me answers any quicker.

I knew everything I needed to know. The murder scenes, the MO of the kills, the targets, I knew about the person. All I had to do now was get everything together.

Four murders. Four men killed by the same man, and I had worked or been to all of the crime scenes. I had to have enough information. The answer was sitting right in front of me, I just had to figure it out now.

I was deep in thought, staring at the papers in front of me without focusing, trying to make all of the pieces connect. I realized my phone was ringing on the desk next to me on the third ring. It was McGreary again; I answered.

"Are you just in shock right now or have you not checked your phone in the past 30 minutes?"

"No I haven't checked it, what's up?"

"Brother, you have three detectives out here finding you all sorts of information. You need to be checking your phone. I sent you a picture from a video I pulled off that corner store across the street from the shirt. It's your guy."

"Which guy?"

"Hang up and look at the pictures, Seeks. It's the guy who came in and talked to you this morning. That security guard."