Chapter Forty Nine

Instead of dropping down and letting me win like any decent man should have, he hit me back almost instantly. His huge fist caught me square in the nose. It completely rocked me. My head was already pounding from our last meeting less than 24 hours ago. A blinding light cut off my line of vision and my knees buckled. I caught myself just before I fell by grabbing the chair next to me.

But Jeff wasn't done. He grabbed me by my collar with one hand and slammed his other fist into my face again. And again. He walked me back and slammed my back into the wall, still destroying my face. My head with the wall and I nearly blacked out. My eyes were watering from the first hit to my nose, my focus was hazy from the ear splitting pain from the stitches holding my skin closed ripping open. I could feel blood start to trickle down my neck. Jeff stopped hitting me and used both hands now to grab my collar. He pulled me toward and slammed be back into the wall with all of his might.

My head bounced off the wall. Hard. The pain was almost too much. It felt like a car just ran my head over. My brain couldn't even process the amount of pain and my mind went numb. If I didn't act now I was dead.

I grabbed Jeffs ears as hard as I could and yanked down. His head jerked down and he let go of my shirt. I guided his head directly into my right knee. I felt his nose shatter on the impact. There was a loud crunch and a choking sound as blood instantly gushed out of his nose and filled his throat. He choked as the blood started to drown him. I was still holding his head down and I brought my knee into his face again. I saw blood splatter in all directions when my knee made contact.

I felt one of his hands reach up and grab the side of my face, jamming his thumb into my left eye. I jerked my head in the opposite direction and pushed him back as hard as I could. He grabbed at my shirt and pulled me with him, causing us to both go tumbling onto the ground. I tried to get on top of him, but he was too strong. This is exactly where I didn't want to be.

My left eye snapped shut and wouldn't open. I didn't know if he had permanently damaged it or not, but I couldn't use it right now. Jeff used one hand on my chest to slam me down on my back as he rolled on top of me.I looked up and saw that his other hand was reaching for the table where his gun was. I saw Knight out of the corner of my only eye sitting, frozen on the couch. He wasn't going to help at all. As Jeff was reaching for the gun, I kicked him off of me and rolled out the opposite direction.

I drew my gun mid roll and got up to one knee, pointing my gun at Jeff. He was pointing his gun at me by the time I got into position. Then before I could process anything, two shots rang out.