Chapter Ten

Jeff pressed the end call button on his phone and turned off his TV. Rich people are so stupid, he thought to himself. He had an elaborate plan on how to kill Michael Caping. He had been combing through the exact details for months. He was going to do it the day after tomorrow, when his wife would be out of the house with her sister, like she is every Saturday.

But today, out of the blue, Michael called him. He told him he was in trouble with his wife and needed to talk to Jason Diggs. He had been trying to call and find him all night. Michael wanted to know if Jeff knew where he was.

What a stupid question, Jeff thought. Why would he ever know where Jason was? Jeff was paid well to not ask questions. The only time Michael ever called him was when he needed transportation inside the room from the parking garage. Jeff never asked questions besides what he needed to know, which wasn't much. He was supposed to not know anything about any of the men he helped into the room. That was the entire point of all this, for him to keep his eyes and ears shut.

Michael had asked him if Jason was in the room. That almost made him laugh. He answered truthfully "he was in the room last night, I saw him there," if Michael hadn't seen it on the news that he was found murdered inside the hotel yet, then that was his fault.

Michael agreed to meet Jeff in the parking garage near the hotel. Jeff has escorted Michael from the garage up to the room multiple times, using his key card to access the delivery elevator in the back of the building.

He had a perfect plan to kill him, and now Michael was practically offering himself up on a silver platter and asking him to just do it now. "I'll meet you there at eight tonight," was the last thing Michael said before he hung up.

Jeff had planned to relax and get drunk the entire day, as he didn't have to be at work until the night shift started. But now he couldn't do that. He needed to be sharp for the next kill.

He walked to the tiny bowl that was his sink and poured the rest of his beer out. He remembered back to his days in the Army; his buddies would have kicked his ass if they saw him pouring out alcohol.

He prepped what he would need for his meeting with Michael, which wasn't much. Sneaking into his house and killing him was going to require a gun at least, but Jeff knew Michael wouldn't be armed tonight. Even if he was, Jeff wasn't worried. Another middle aged rich kid who was prepared from birth to go to medical school and become another wealthy asshole. A man like Michael would never be a challenge to Jeff and his years of tactical training.

Even still, he ensured his trusted knife and concealed holster were ready to go. Another killing so soon drew a bit of unease in Jeff. He hadn't planned long between the killings anyways, though. He wanted to ensure he got to everyone before he was ever caught. But still, he had a mission to accomplish and he wasn't going to pass up on such a wonderful opportunity.