Chapter Eleven

Jeff arrived to the garage a little earlier than planned. He knew this place, like the hotel, was on a complete security blackout. Jason Diggs had spent a small fortune getting all of the cameras disconnected to the parking garage. The ninth, and top floor, was also closed to the public every night after eight. It made it easier for the high profile guests to arrive and be transported in secrecy if no one saw them getting out of their cars.

Of course, no one knew any of things. No one but Jason Diggs, and Jeff, who he paid to ensure all of the behind the scenes operations ran smoothly.

Michael arrived 20 minutes late, recklessly pulling into the garage, parking sideways across two parking spaces. He was driving a white Mercedes CL class today. He drove a different white Mercedes Benz every time he came to the garage to be picked up by Jeff. Always a different trim or model, but always the same color and same brand. "One things America didn't get right is cars. Germans dominate us when it comes to the automobile," he would tell Jeff every time they discussed cars on their short drives back to the hotel. The times Michael wasn't too busy snorting cocaine in the back seat to talk, anyways.

Today he was not in a good mood like usual. He was yelling before he was all the way out of the car; "What the fuck, Jeff!? You have some explaining to do, pal!" He slammed his door and got within inches of Jeff's face, shaking his finger right in front of his nose.

"You guys fucked this whole thing up! My wife had a private investigator follow me, saw everything that goes on here. Now Jason is ignoring me! I'll take you guys down with me if it comes to it! You'll spend life in prison for setting all this up!" Michael continued screaming in Jeff's face, violently waving his hands in his face.

"Michael, you need to calm down. If your wife found out, I'm sorry. But this isn't the place to discuss-"

"Shut your mouth, Jeff! You're supposed to watch over us and you let some random guy see everything! You're the one who's going to pay for this! You're a fucking security guard and you can't even do that right."

Jeff put his hand on Michael's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. He really wasn't planning on doing anything in the parking garage, despite the convenient privacy of it. Michael slapped his hand away and continued shouting, louder now.

"I'll see to it that you rot in pri-" his nose was shattered mid sentence. It took one straight jab, directly to the center of his face. Jeff had perfected it at this point. It wasn't a pretty sight, but it was a sure way to shut a man up when needed.

"Listen you arrogant prick. I'm not one of your servants who you get to boss around. I'm in charge right now, and you're going to do as I say. Give me your keys."

Michael was holding his hands over his face, which was now covered in a red mixture of blood and tears. "Fuck you!" Michael yelled through the blood.

Jeff took a quick look around to ensure no one had accidentally stumbled into the garage. It was still empty. He looked up at one of the security cameras which he knew were all just for show and smiled. He was wearing his lucky bowie knife on his hip tonight, and he was able to have it at Michaels throat before he registered what was happening.

"Fuck you." Jeff mimicked Michael and laughed. "I've heard worse last words than that before," he whispered. He was close enough for Michael to hear him clearly. He felt the man was trembling in his hands, under the cool steel of his knife. He was still covering his face and obviously in shock.

Fight or flight was the standard saying for how someone reacts when they're in danger, but Jeff found through his career of killing that there was a third option. Many people completely freeze. They don't know how to react, so they just don't. Michael was one of the unlucky ones who just gave up, almost like he knew he couldn't fight or get away, so he was just accepting it.

Jeff looked him directly in the eyes and put pressure on the knife, dragging it across Michael's neck.