Chapter 13

Zayn’s POV

“Hey mate, your bird did a twitcam last night. You missed it” Louis says, as we leave the studio.

“She’s not my bird,” I groan. A few tabloids had a field day when I’d tweeted Emily, claiming we were in a secret relationship or if we weren’t yet, we would be soon. “And how do you know that anyway?” I ask.

“Sugarscape” Louis says with a shrug as if that explains everything. I raise an eye skeptically as I pull out my phone and log on to twitter. “I like reading the articles. They’re funny. But apparently you have some competition. Her and that bloke from the other band were getting quite cozy in the twitcam it seems.” He explains, his eyes full of mischief. I find the article Louis is talking about and flick through the pictures. Yea cozy… right… They were squashed together. I roll my eyes slightly at how easily things are misrepresented. It was probably nothing, I say to myself. Not that it would matter anyways. We didn’t know each other at all.

@Zaynmalik: @MusicJunkyEm heard you guys did a twitcam. You should have done one when I was awake to see it aha x

I’m surprised when my phone vibrates showing I’ve got a reply.

@MusicJunkyEm: @zaynmalik yea, like you guys do them at great times for us here in America. Had to stay up till 4 once to watch one. :-P

@Zaynmalik: MusicJunkyEm touché. Guess we’ll just have to find some other way to talk x

I look up from my phone to see Niall looking over my shoulder. When he meets my eyes his grins gleefully.

“Zayn is tweeting her!” he crows. The other boys look over and Liam pulls out his phone.

“You know this is going to start even more talk,” he warns after he reads them. I shrug slightly.

“Oh lighten up Liam. It’s good for our Zaynie-poo to flirt. It’s about time he gets over Perrie” Harry says. I internally wince when I hear Perrie’s name and see the other lads shoot Harry death glares, his face instantly turning guilty as he realized what he’d said. It had been an almost unspoken rule not to mention Perrie when I was around. “Sorry I didn’t mean..”

“It’s fine,” I say, doing my best to sound like I didn’t care. In truth, it’d been a hard breakup. It’d been all I did not to phone her begging her to come back when she’d broken up with me. I’d even refused to acknowledge it to the press for weeks. Perrie had been the one to announce it during an interview. And then came all the rumors that it hadn’t been a real relationship in the first place. That we’d done it to promote her band and now that they were well known we’d called it quits. Those had been the worst to hear. It was one thing to say the relationship was over, it was a whole other to hear people say it didn’t exist in the first place.

“Come on mate. Cheer up, this girl is fit and we know she fancies you. She’s admitted to being a fan,” Louis says, putting an arm around my shoulder. I roll my eyes.

“Just because she said she’s a fan doesn’t mean she fancies me” I say, but I can’t help the smile edging it’s way onto my face.

Emily’s POV

I yawn, setting my phone down on the table and rubbing my eyes as I look around the studio. We were supposed to be working on choreography this morning. We’d picked our song with Demi yesterday before we’d gotten to the mansion and now we had to get to work planning how it’d go.