Chapter 19

Emily’s POV

To say this next week was busy would be an understatement. I hadn’t realized how much busier it would be to add an additional song. Plus we also went to our hometown for a performance. And on top of that, I started losing my voice over the weekend from all the practices. I’d tried everything that anyone could think of, until I finally asked Zayn for help. He recommended drinking Cider Vinegar, something he said was a family cure. It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever drunk, but it worked. The next day, my voice was back, and we could continue with practices. We still made sure we had time for the twitcams though. Our fans had been there for us this whole time, and we wanted to make sure we were always there for them. No matter how busy we got.

“C’mon Carmen, we’re going to be late!” I say, grabbing her by the arm and half dragging Emily back to the room. The twitcam was supposed to start in 5 minutes. We finally get back to the room, and my fingers drum impatiently on the bed, as I wait for the page to load. I smile, apologizing for being a couple minutes late, as Carmen and Hannah lay down beside me. The amount of people that were watching never ceased to amaze me. I remembered our first twitcam with the boys where we had maybe 2000 people watching. Now, that number had grown to over 50,000.

“So what do you guys want to do first?” I ask the people watching. “Questions, Contestant secrets, phone calls, or follow spree?” I ask. Over the weeks, we’d developed different ways to connect with the fans. We’d answer questions about ourselves, give out contestant secrets which had originated from the #NextGenSecrets, we’d done a few prank calls but then decided we could also call fans, assuming they lived in the US so our phone bills didn’t explode, and then of course there was the follow sprees. I watch as floods of requests for phone calls and follow sprees flow in. They were always the most popular and I could understand why. Back in my Jonas Brothers’ phase, I’d have done anything to get their attention.

“Ok, how about this we’ll do a couple phone calls, and then you guys can ask questions or for secrets, and then after the twitcam, we’ll follow until we hit follow spree” I suggest. Phone numbers start appearing on the screen and I’m slightly shocked at how willing they are to post their numbers up online. I quickly pull out my phone, dialing the *69 so they wouldn’t be able to see my number before looking at the screen.

“Slow down” I say jokingly, as I struggle to pick a number. Finally, I catch one and punch the numbers into my phone. Putting it on loudspeaker, I place it between the three of us.

“Hello?” someone on the other line says.

“Hi, who is this?” I ask.

“Stephanie, who is this?” the voice asks, sounding confused.

“It’s Emily from Ladies First”

“Oh my god, are you serious?” Stephanie asks, excitement growing in her voice.

“Hi Stephanie, it’s Carmen” Carmen says, a smile growing on her face.

“Are you watching our twitcam?” Hannah asks

“No I couldn’t!” Stephanie says, disappointed. “I went camping with my family this weekend, we are just packing up to leave now. My friend must be watching though”

“Well you must have a pretty awesome friend.” Carmen says with a laugh. “We said we’d call people and your number came up”

“Oh my god! Thank you so much! I love you girls. I hope you win!” she gushes.

“Thank you so much” I say with a smile. “Look, we’re going to call some more people, but give us your twitter and your friend’s and we’ll follow you girls ok?” I ask. She lets out a shriek and I motion to Hannah to write down the names so we could follow them during the spree later. She nods, and quickly jots down the names as the girl says them. We hang up and then proceed to call 5 or so more people. The rest of the people we called, all were watching and so they knew it was us before they even answered the phone. After we hang up, I glance at the phone, noticing it’s time to move on.