Chapter 29

“Hey Zayn, is Emily alright?” Liam asks, looking up from his computer.

“Hmm?” I ask taking a swig from my water bottle as I walk over to him. We’d just finished the meet and greet for the first concert of the new tour and were hanging out in the dressing room.

“The past three days Feel Better Emily has been trending. Do you know anything about this?” he asks as I look over his shoulder, seeing the trend.

“No” I say shaking my head in confusion. “Are you sure it’s her? She would have told me if something was wrong”

“That’s what I thought, but going through the tweets, it’s definitely her. People are tweeting to her directly.” He confirms. I frown and pull out my phone.

Everything all right? Just saw twitter and it sounds like something’s up xx

I hadn’t been on twitter in a few days so I was a little behind on the times. I take the mouse from Liam and begin scrolling through the tweets. From the looks of it it seemed that her and Chad or whatever his name was got into a fight or broke up or something. I tried to stifle the flutter in my stomach as I think of her being single. That wasn’t something I should be happy about. It would be something that had hurt her. Apparently a lot if the tweets told me anything about it. It would also explain why some of our fans had been asking me how she was during our meet and greet. I’d assumed they were just being cheeky and making jokes about all the Zemily rumors, but after reading this, I guess I’d been wrong.

I suppose I should tell you. I did say no more surprises didn’t I

I look at the text uneasily. I didn’t want her to feel like she had to tell me.

You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I just want you to know I’m here for you xx

When my phone buzzes with her response, I open it quickly, mixed feelings washing over me as I read her words

Thanks Zayn. You’re a good friend. Chris and I broke up. We haven’t officially announced it so please don’t say anything

On one hand, I was happy they broke up. She was officially single again. But feeling happy made me feel bad. That wasn’t something I should feel happy about. She was obviously hurt by it. And she’s so obviously friend-zoned me right there which kind of stung also. But at the same time, she trusted me with something she didn’t want public knowledge yet and you didn’t do that with just anybody.

He’s a twat. If you need me to kick his ass I’m here xx

I look over at Liam who’s watching me, waiting for an explanation of the trend. I shrug uneasily. She’d said not to tell anyone, and that would include my band mates. “Sorry mate, she doesn’t want anyone to know yet,” I explain and his expression clears. I could tell he knew. It was the same reaction he’d had when he and Danielle had ended.

You sound like Carmen haha

I smile reading the text. I hoped she’d actually laughed. I liked making her laugh. I hated to think that breaking up with Chase could make her stop.

Emily’s POV

The couch sags as someone sits down next to me. I look over the edge of my book and see Carmen watching me closely. “I’m fine,” I say with a sigh. Chris had announced the break up the other day in one of his interviews and since then, the girls wouldn’t leave me alone for more than 10 minutes. It was as if they were worried I’d suddenly break down.