Chapter 22

Zayn's POV

“Hey mate, what are you doing up? It’s like 5 in the morning,” Liam says with a yawn. I look up from my computer, trying to blink away the sleepiness.

“I know, it’s just… with the time difference, it’s just about lunch time there and they get a break and we can talk,” I say with a yawn. We’d started the world tour a couple days ago and were currently in Australia. As much as I loved being here, the time difference between here and America was horrible. The girls had started their X Factor Tour and the only time they really had a chance to relax was at lunch so that was the only time Emily and I really could talk. Over the past few weeks, we’d started talking a lot. I remember seeing the tabloids of all that they’d been doing and a bubble of pride welled up. Even though I’d nothing to do with it, seeing the pictures of them cheering up little kids or handing out presents at Christmas made me smile. Someone so good considered me a friend. I almost felt honored by it.

“What are you doing up?” I ask Liam, breaking out of my reverie as I look up at him. I let out a chuckle though as my eyes land on his sleeping figure in the armchair. Obviously it was still too early for him. I saw the green bubble appear as she signs onto Skype and I send her a message.

Zayn: Saw the pics of you at the airport. Loved the outfit ;-) x

Emily: Thanks lol. The fans did too. They thought I was adorable 0:-)

Zayn: Well they’re right. You are x

Emily: Awww you’re going to make me blush :-P The interviewers seemed to love it also. They kept asking me about it for days.

Zayn: Aha! Sorry x

Emily: No worries. I told them some guy who’s super full of himself sent them to us and that I didn’t want to hurt his ego too much by not wearing it haha

Zayn: Ouch. You’re ‘Sweetheart’ reputation would sure be hurt if they heard that :-P aha! x

Emily: Jk :-) So how’s Australia?

The conversation shifted to the tours and I told her all about how ours was going, and she described how incredible their first few days had been. It was frustrating that I wasn’t there to see it. With Perrie, it had been different. There hadn’t been desperate want to be with her all the time. Yes, I enjoyed spending time with her, but I’d never have been up at 5 in the morning to talk to her. Eventually she had to go though to perform a sound check for the show. I hit the sign off button as I let out another yawn. Glancing over, I see Liam still asleep on the chair and decide to follow suit, collapsing onto the couch, out in an instant.

“I’ve got some news for you boys” Simon says. I let out a yawn, sprawling across Niall and Harry in the backseat of the car on the way to our venue. “Zayn you might want to make sure you’re awake for this, I think you’ll be the most pleased” Simon’s voice echoes through the speaker phone.

“Sorry, I was up early this morning” I say stifling another yawn.

“I’m aware, the girls were late to sound check,” he says and I flush as the boys around me chuckle. “As I was saying, I’ve got some news for you boys. We are adding an extra performance to the North America leg of the tour.” I glance at the other boys curiously, wondering why this will be something I’d be pleased with. “It’s going to be a charity concert for cancer, all the proceeds go to the Ronan Thompson Foundation. It’s going to be a big ordeal. There will be tons of performers. You boys will be performing Moments.” I glance over at Niall who’s completely frozen. Was this really the best idea with everything that had happened with him? Was this really something we should be doing?