Chapter 3

EDITED

After a restless nights sleep, I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling.

Slowly, I sit up and spin myself around enough so that I can plant my feet on the floor.
I run my hands over my face a few times in attempt to rub away the exhaustion and frustration that's mixed together inside of me.

Exhaustion being from a lack of sleep, aka I kept having dreams of Alpha Knox and his hands roaming over my body.
I'd keep waking up as soon as the dreams starting getting good if you know what I mean.

And I never knew until now just how badly I craved a release.

A release within my body... made by him.

With a yawn, I climb out of bed and slide my feet into my slippers. It's too early to have my bare feet come in contact with the cold temperatures of hardwood floors.
As I walk around my room I notice something.
The blinds.
They were open last night when Alpha Knox was watching me..
And I don't remember closing them either.

A blush rises to my cheeks as I reminisce on lasts night.
Part of me felt guilty for saying a fake name, but I also feel that something needs to show him that he can't control me.
I swear I heard him say "mate" yesterday at the bonfire but as far as I'm concerned, my wolf hasn't claimed anyone and she won't be able to until our birthday.
So with that in mind, I quickly attempt to shake away my thoughts and make my way to the bathroom that's connected to my room.

After a very cold shower, I brush my teeth and then my hair. I throw on a mini jean skirt and pale yellow corseted style top and my white slide on vans.

Thanks to Eli, my closet doesn't just  consist of hoodies and spandex shorts... my go to.

Unsure if I wanted to put my hair up, I put a hair tie on my wrist just in case before heading out of my room and down stairs towards the kitchen for breakfast.

"Woah nelly, slow down. You almost made me drop these." My mom squealed as she almost dropped a tray of fruits and about two dozen slices of French toast.

"Sorry mom, what is all of this for?" I ask, stealing a grape off of the tray.

"It's for your fathers meeting. Would you mind taking it in there? I have to get started on the coffee." She pleads with  a 'pretty please' face and a pouty lip.
I just role my eyes with a small laugh before taking the tray from her hands.

"Thank you my squishy pup of baby loves!" She says louder than I'd like her to.
How embarrassing...

I give a small knock on the door before being given permission to enter the discussion hall.
The large room with a just as large table and chairs surrounding it... nothing fancy.

Nothing but him.

Ugh that man.
And all his glory... how can he look so.. so good? He's wearing a pair of black dress pants, a black dress shirt - it's sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and the top button is undone. And to top it off, black shiny shoes with black dress socks.
And for some reason, his dark, expensive attire makes me want to scream without the s.

"Rosette dear, how sweet of you to join us!" My dad exclaimed as he began searching for a paper in his pile of many more.

"I'm just dropping this tray off." I say with a soft smile, keeping it as short and on the down low as possible.

"Can you keep Alpha Knox, you're ma-" as my dad almost says it, he catches the look on my face and changes his wording quickly, "new found friend some company while I search for a much needed paper in my office? The meeting doesn't start for another fifteen minutes so it shouldn't take longer than that."