Chapter 16

UNEDITED

Hey all!!!

⚠️ this chapter may be too heavy for some to read- mention of self harm/panic attack

Anywho, enjoy this chapter!!!!

Please leave comments, share, and vote!!!!!

Btw... over NINE THOUSAND READS!!!!!! Holy hell!!!!! I am SO thankful and excited that you all have been reading my book and hopefully have been enjoying it!!!!!

Thank you all SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

"Her vitals are good Alpha, it may just take some time until she wakes. Right now, it's a waiting game."

Voices.

Laying still, frozen and unable to open my heavy eyes, I laid still, listening to worried voices that I recognized from home.

"I understand that Doctor, but she's my little girl. She needs to be okay, not only for myself or my family, but her mate needs her, her pack needs her..."

Trying to pry my eyes open, it was no use, they wouldn't budge. Wanting to cry, I felt my heart break at the lack of tears or motion my body served me.

"I understand Alpha, we are doing all we can. Her wolf shut down, so right now, it's all on her human form. I will let you know more with the results that should be coming back within the hour."

I heard my dad let out a shaky breath as my mom comforted him with her soft voice. "She's a fighter, always has been. She gets that from you."

Those were the last words I heard before becoming dizzy and passing out into a dreamless state.

What felt like hours passed until my eyes opened.
Letting my head fall to the side, my eyes opened in a squint as they adjusted to the natural light coming in through the windows.

"K-Knox?" I called out, craving the embrace and warmth of my mate.

"Oh thank goddess your awake!" Knox cried out as he practically fell to my bedside, his hands cupping my face. "I was so fucking worried."

My eyes stared into his, I could see the worry and sadness in his dark orbs. "Y-you left w-without saying g-goodbye." I cried hoarsely, hot tears falling down my face.
Knox tried grabbing my hands in his but I pulled them out of his grasp, "You left me! You used me!" I sobbed, my heart breaking with each word falling out of my mouth.

"I didn't want to I swear, I didn't! There was an issue I had to address back home baby, I promise." He pleaded.

I knew he was telling the truth, but that still doesn't make things better.

Not like he had magic powers or anything...

"I want out of here." I said softly, my eyes creating a staring contest with the tiled floor.

"Okay baby, we will go back home. I had my room changed up a little so hopefully it's more cozy and comfortable for you to rest."

"Home?" I questioned, my eyes shooting up to his.

"Yeah, home... with me, in the pack house. Is that okay?"

The sadness that became plastered on his face sent daggers into my heart, I couldn't let him stay sad like that. "Yeah, that's fine."

One of the nurses helped me change into some soft pajamas Knox had bought me. They were pale pink fleece pajamas, a long sleeve and pants with small white polka dots. Cute and warm, even if it's summer, they kept me cozy.