Chapter 33

UNEDITED

Another chapter?!? So soon?!?

Hehe... yeah...

This chapter is shorter but really intense!!!

⚠️ this chapter my be triggering to some!! It is violent!!!

Anywho, vote, comment, share and give a follow!!!

Enjoy!!!

Once Eli left the kitchen, I put back the container of fudge.
Insane I know, but I had lost my appetite.

Not because of Cayson and him, but because my poor mother and psycho 'father.'

I need answers. And I don't want to wait for Knox to get them and tell me.
I'll get them now on my own.

Marching back to the cells, I head straight to the space where my mate was, along with the heavy stench of blood.

"H-hey darling, you okay?" Knox asked, wiping his bloody fist with a red stained cloth.

"Yeah, I just....Had a change of heart is all. I want answers. I want them now." I said tapping my foot.

Knox looked over at the... man... strapped down to the chair, blood dripping down his very evidently broken nose.
Stepping to the side, Knox signaled that I had the floor.

Now is my chance for some answers.

"Tell me," I began, "why did you do...all of this? And for what?" I cried out, expect no tears had fallen.

Chuckling, the man I used to call dad, just looked at me with nothing but annoyance. "I don't know." He shrugged.

"Tell me." I said coldly.

But I didn't get a damn peep out of him.

"Tell me!" Artistin screamed through me.

"Fine." He huffed out a breath of frustration. "But you won't earn anything from it."

"I don't give a flying fuck asshole! So tell me!" I screamed, my vocal cords on the verge of snapping like twigs.

He sighed, "I was approached by a warlock, a hermit. He told me he had a vision. A vision of darkness that fell upon our world. He said it was brought upon us due to the birth of an alpha male and alpha female set of mates. He described you both. He said your children would cause the death of our kind! It was either them, or everyone!"

A warlock....?

Immediately, I thought of Mr. Arthur in the woods.
I could tell Knox did to. His eyes clouded over, and I knew he was mind linking someone.

"Continue." I stated impatiently.

"Damn. Pushy." He huffed, "I pulled a few strings and got the pack on my side. We arranged an attack. We got Conner to charm that one whore, and get Malicious out of the cells. But they failed when it came to the last part."

He was referring to murdering my babies.

"So, let me get this straight. You planned on killing your own grandchildren?" I said painfully.

Nodding his head, I cried, "you used to be so loving and... a good father! You're just a piece of shit now!"

"That's not true! I did it to protect you! To protect your mom." He said calmly.

I felt Artistin rise to the surface, "you raped her! She was just a little girl! She was giving birth to my brothers before she even got into high school!"

He laughed, "and she wasn't even my actual mate!"

Oh fuck no.

Artistin shifted and fire was radiating off her body. Flames sparking off due to rage.

While Knox appeared to be impressed and slightly turned on, the man in the chair, my father looked absolutely mortified. Which only caused Artistin to laugh.

"You caused my mother pain. Now it's time you feel some to." Artistin said calmly.

Stepping closer to him, she lunged at him. Her teeth sinking into his neck and jaw. The taste of metal in her mouth.

Screaming out, he bled intensely.

Smiling, Artistin was pleased. But she wasn't done.
"You caused fires to burn in our families hearts, but we will no longer be burnt by your viciousness. You are the one who will, burning is your fate my dear. I hope you can handle a little heat."

Flames began leaving Artistins mouth as if she were a dragon. The sparks and flames connecting with his body and skin.
It wasn't more than five seconds until his whole body was in flames, his screams of agony echoing down the hall of cells.

Once his screams died out along with the flames, Artistin gave me access to being in charge.
But I stayed in wolf form. I felt more comfortable and I just wanted to go back to the pack house and check on my mother.

I'm sure she felt him die through the mate bond. And even if he wasn't her real mate, the bond solidifies over time and the death of your 'mate' will hurt almost as bad as if it were your true mate.

"I'll have someone dispose of him. Let's head back darling." Knox said calmly, running one of his hands through my fur, causing a small pur to escape me.

Walking besides Knox, we passed Eros and Killian in the hall of the cell house. But we kept walking.
Purring as the fluffy grass connected with my paws, I felt free. I felt as if I could take on the crazy world ahead of me. I can handle anything. I haven't mate, two healthy babies, my best friend and my mom. My brothers who I haven't seen and probably won't see for a long time.

But I'm okay with that. I'm happy. I'm doing okay.
Thanks to Knox.

Opening the door for me, I lick Knoxs hand and rush upstairs to change.
After Knox follows me into our room, he shuts the door behind me. Shifting back into my human form, I walk over to the closet and dig through it for some comfy clothes.

I settled on a pink and white striped t-shirt and jean shorts. Matching white lace undergarments and white flip flops. Simple, but enough.

I was about to dress myself, after putting on my panties and bra, but Knox grabbed the shirt out of my hands. "Let me help darling." He whispered, placing a warm kiss upon my shoulder.

Shivering from the burst of tingles that shot through my body, I turned to face him.
"I'm sorry you had to witness me like that. I'm still trying to get used to it too."

Knox smiled, brushing my hair away from my face, "I couldn't care less what I witnessed. You're my mate. My other half. Nothing will change that. The love I have for you is eternal. And no matter how hard it gets, I will help you every step of the way."

Wiping a tear from my cheek due to his sweet and beautiful words, he whispered, "I love you my darling, Rosette."

"I love you too my strong yet warm Knox."