☆wHEN THE NIGHT☆

Frank's POV

I woke up early, like I usually do, but there was something that felt... off about this morning. Gerard was thankfully still sleeping, he stirred but nothing more. I never really left my bed, just kind of sat on the edge and looked at the ground as I thought about the past, not the best of things to think about, but I guess that's where my train of thought left me.

I feel as though time keeps speeding, but I'm left behind. The sun was hardly even in the dark morning sky, just peeking out of the covers basically.

I turn my gaze to the sleeping figure of Gerard laying in the bed beside me, everything around me turns slightly darker, it feels like I'm wearing sunglasses in the middle of the freezing cold. It kind of reminds me of Lord Of The Rings, where if you put the ring on, you basically turn invisible. I stand up, looking around the room and feeling a cold chill suddenly appear in the air.

This was fun in the beginning but I don't think I like this anymore.

Gerard wakes up, stretching his arms above his head, hopefully he can see me or hear me or just fucking something. He looks around the room, clearly puzzled by the fact I'm nowhere to be seen. He swings his legs from under the covers and stands up. "Gerard." I say, and he looks up to the roof, and basically spins around in circles. "Frank? Where are you?"

"I'm on the other side of the bed, but its darker, and... colder." A look of panic creeps into his eyes, and all I want to do is comfort him. "Are you okay Frankie?"

"Of course I am, just cold."

He looks a little more relieved with my admission, but still the glint remains in his eyes, opening his mouth to talk again. "If you want, I can wait with you until you... excuse the pun... come out." I smile slightly at the pun, he's probably got a pun for every serious and non-serious situation. "Could y-you get Loki, if he's awake. If he's s-sleeping just l-leave him, I d-don't want to annoy anyone." Gerard looks in my general direction with a sympathetic smile. "Well, just know that you could never annoy me." I smile. "Thanks Gerry."

"Very welcome Frankie."

I lay backwards on the bed, looking up at the high, vaulted ceiling. Gerard was just up there last night, and now the room looks basically empty because I've now just found out that I can turn invisible. My hands have a faint smoke trail around them when I move them, it has no smell but it reminds me heavily of the smoke that cigarettes give out.

If it weren't for the chilling cold, I would be feeling like a bad ass.

Time feels as though it does exist here, like this is just an open and vacant space where nothing starts and nothing ends. Just a bland, endless loop like you live the same day over and over again.

Loki and Gerard soon enter, I look over to see them, despite the fact they can't see me and it doesnt matter, I did to feel as though I was able to be seen and just to amuse myself.

"Are you okay wherever you are Frank?"

"Y-yeah." I say, Loki doesn't hear me, it's like he can't or something. Gerard interprets for me.

"Good to hear, now can you describe what's around you?"

"Well, its... basically l-like the Upside Down," I say, as Gerard repeats, not expecting Loki to understand, but somehow he does. "Minus the Demogorgon and everything being all overgrown." Loki nods, walking over to where I am and putting his hand out. "What are you..?" Gerard asks as Loki's hand soon comes into clear view right in front of me not too close but not too far from my face, but obviously disappearing from their view. Gerard makes a small panicked noise as Loki talks to me again. "Can you grab my hand?" I reach my hand out and Loki obviously disappears from Gerard's view. "What the fuck!" Gerard exclaims.

Loki lets go of my hand and he pops back into Gerard's view, going dark once again for me. Suddenly, Loki's expression changes as though he has an idea. "Gerard, go in and grab Frank's hand."

"Will it work? What if it-"

"Just do it."

Gerard's hand soon comes into view, I grab it and he shows up, standing slightly lent over, smiling as he normally does.

Suddenly, the colour seems to come back into the room around me, Loki grinning with an 'I-told-you-so' look spread right across his face. "Right, now I should probably go back to my room, it's too early for this." He says still slightly grinning. He must feel like a genius right now. "See you later then." Gerard says as Loki leaves, he shuts the door behind him.

"That w-was actually p-pretty scary." I say truthfully, Gerard sighs as he takes a seat beside me, placing his hand overtop of mine. "I know, I know, you'll be alright though. Next time it happens, I'll just hold your hand you'll be okay." I smile and probably blush at his comment.

"I love you more than a-anything, don't ever f-forget it."

"I don't think I could, no matter how hard I try."