☆Beans.☆

Grace's POV
This day is obviously not one of the best. Losing friends and then Gerard, blinded by grief, takes off back to New Jersey.

I sigh, flopping into a chair in Amelia's old room after trying to make Gerard stay here. Even thinking about the fact that Amelia, Mikey and Frank are gone just hasn't resonated in my mind yet. It feels like they were just kidding around, and they'll be coming back through the door any second now, but something in me knows that it isn't going to happen.

I look around the room to all of Amelia's things which are all how she'd left them before she was dusted. The bed isn't made and the light, airy curtains are only open ajar, only letting a small sliver of late afternoon light into the room.

I don't really want to be touching anything in this room, I just want to leave it the way it is, like some sort of way of respecting the recently departed.

Gerard and Frank's room is empty and the bed is made but not very well. Every indication that there were two people living in this room has basically been wiped from existence. There is something slightly shining in the light by the right side of the bed, I bend down and pick it up, looking at the object in my hand.

It's a partially see-through guitar pick, probably Frank's.

I sigh, pocketing the small, worn piece of plastic and walking out the door, shutting it behind me with a sigh. Loki walks up beside me, leaning side on against the wall looking over at me. "We might need to go see someone about all this." He utters, turning his gaze to the hardwood floor in thought. "Who's going to believe us?" I ask, Loki sighs as he looks up to face me. "The Avengers."

Okay so my friends die and now we're just gonna go see the Avengers. Is that how that works?

"Be serious Loki."

"I am being serious!"

"What are we meant to say? 'Our friends got dusted into oblivion and now we want you to do something'?"

"Well, something like that."

I sigh defeatedly, letting my back hit the wall as I slide down to sit on the floor, curled in a ball feeling emotionally exhausted. I rest my head against the wall, pointing it towards the roof with my eyes closed. Loki sits beside me, crossing his legs and leaning his head against the wall.

"I should stop being so blunt."

"Yeah, you kind of should." I respond, hearing him sigh.

"Look, I have no clue what to say right about now, I mean, they were my friends too but you knew them better."

I nod, opening my eyes and getting up, Loki following close behind as we head down the stairs towards the Rainbow Bridge to head down to Earth.

------

We're in New York at the Avengers compound. I really thought about getting Gerard, but I thought that I'd leave him to grieve and sort of reflect on what's just happened, I mean, he's lost basically everybody that he knows and loves.

I'll have to check on him later.

The sprawling Avengers complex is where we'll be staying for a while, probably because then everybody else knows about my powers and whatever else they need to. My brain still hurts trying to comprehend the fact that most of my friends are dead, and anybody could see why. I've spent so long with them and now, now they're all nothing but dust, particles and fragments of what they were.

Well, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, let's make a new start, with a hint lingering sadness.

A/N Obviously a short chapter but hey, the next one will be better :)))