27: oNe NeWs BaLl

Grace's POV (5 years later)
After training with the Avengers and heading back and forth from Agard, I sat down for the first time. Nobody was really dealing with their loved ones going missing, and needless to say I was feeling emotionally drained.  

Despite the fact I said I had accepted Amelia, Frank and Mikey's death, I really hadn't, it's kind of a mask for show, just to make everyone think I'm okay when I'm really not, they don't need to be worrying about another thing.

I'm currently in a private jet, owned by the Avengers because as you can probably guess, they're filthy rich. It's only a thirty-seven minute flight to Jersey to go and get Gerard and it's pretty nice and soothing, watching clouds go past the window. Since I havent seen him in three years, I don't know what to expect.

Hopefully he isn't dead.

------

After landing and eventually finding his house, I take a deep breath before knocking on the door.

But it wasn't who I was expecting to open the dark wood, modern style door, it's the greasiest man I've ever seen.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asks, his long, greasy, black hair makes him look like someone who hasn't showered in at least a year or two. He takes a drag from the cigarette he is holding in his hand, basically blowing the harmful smoke into my face without giving the slightest fuck. "I'm Grace, I'm looking for Gerard, hav-" I get cut off by the guy at the door calling into the house, turning around into the house.

"Oi fuckhead! Your girlfriend is here!" I actually feel like knocking his lights out, how can Gerard live with this egg? The smoking man grins, revealing nicotine stained teeth. Gross. He drops the butt of the cigarette onto the ground, stubbing it out under his shoe goes inside to find Gerard, leaving the door ajar.

I look through the gap in the door, seeing what this new guy was doing to my best friend. He pushes Gerard down the stairs, he looks like he's saying things to the obviously upset Gerard, his face is tear stained and I can tell that Gerard obviously isn't happy with this guy.

Before he comes up to the door, he composes himself and wipes the tears off of his face and puts on a fake smile which anyone could see through, at least he made an effort.

"Hey Grace!" He utters, the man still standing behind him. "Don't worry about Bert, he's... a friend." He says with a fake laugh, Bert rolls his eyes like a moody teenager. "Be honest, or I'll tell her." He harshly whispers while I'm still in earshot of this. Gerard looks at the floor and puts his hands behind his back, refusing to look up.

"We're together."

He mumbles as Bert pushes his back slightly, making him jolt slightly forwards. "What was that? I don't think anyone heard you." Suddenly Gerard snaps, spinning around while making a dagger in his hand.

Bert's eyes just about fall out of his head.

"I've had it with your sick fuckin' fantasy!" Gerard roars , holding the dagger up to the greasy man's neck. "Hey, hey, hey!" I say, interjecting before Gerard turns the dagger towards me, the point inches away from my face. "Stay out of this!" He yells, and I'm confused as fuck.

His mood just changed like that and now whatever the fuck they had is disintegrating and Gerard's going to start a fucking knife fight.

"I'm gonna make you pay for all the shit you've done to me!"

Bert just keeps staring at the slightly taller, cherry red haired man who is showing no signs of backing down. I look at the dagger which is still held at Bert's throat, it looks slightly dull, like it's lost its shine, the scorpion from the centre has also dissapeared.