Chapter 4

Ruby's POV

I pulled in our driver and the kids got out.

"Take off your shoe Cami, and go take a shower. Same with you Ro." I said while locking my car.

"I don't wanna, I'm going to Santiago's house." He said.

"Romeo take a shower first." He stood there still staring at me. "What did I say?"

"I said I didn't wanna. Adiós!" He ran off.

"ROMEO! GET BACK HERE!" I yelled but he ignored me and kept running. I slam my fist on the car door and cursed in Spanish.

I walked inside and slammed the door. I don't know if is me or Romeo, I'm so angry right now! All I can think of is Dave! What the hell is he doing in Mexico? How dare he to curse and doubt me! I hate him! I hate him.

"Ruby?" Mama placed her hand on my shoulder, I couldn't help but sigh, I placed my hands on top of hers.

"Why are you so worried?" She spoke in Spanish.

"I-i saw David."

"What?" She lead me to the couch and I sat facing her.

"Where is Camila?"

"Taking a nap."

I sigh, "I don't know how but I saw David on the street today, he almost hit us. Then he started saying stuff hurtful stuff Mama, his words brought back the pain! He called me a bitch!" I can feel tears prickly in the corner of my eyes.

Mama gasped, "did the kids hear?"

"No, they didn't I have the glass rolled up."

She sigh in relief her expression changed as her lips were paused in a line with her brows furrowed. "Who the hell does he think he is? He doesn't have any right to judge you!"

"I know Mama but I don't give a damn! I'm so worried!"

"About what?"

I suck my breath, "he knows about the kids." I finally gave up and the tears ran down freely.

"Aww, poor baby." She pulled me in a hug. "He would have known sooner or later by the way."

I sigh, "but what if he decides to take them away from me? If he does that I don't think I'll survive."

"Don't say that Ruby, he won't do that, we won't let him."

My phone started buzzing, I picked the call.

"Ruby Alejandro."

"Ruby I want us to talk." I heard David's voice from the other side, my heart skipped.

"Fuck! How did you get my number?"

"That is not important, lis -"

"I don't wanna hear it! I told you to forget about us, and forget about us you must do!" I hung up.

"Was it him?"

"Yeah, he's got such a nerve!"

"I guess I'll start calling my lawyer, I'm equally taking my other kids." I started dialing my lawyer's number.

"Wait for a second Ruby." She took my phone away from my grip gently. "Don't be so fast, or we'll never win, do you hear that?" I nodded.

"Good, we both know David is in a delicate state, we can't quench fire with fire, all we have to do is cause him to sign an agreement."

"What are you talking about Mama?"

"You call him, make a meeting, then you negotiate with him, this way no one will waste their time going to court and all your kids will get to stay with you at a certain time." She explains.

My eyes were wide, "no way! My kids are not leaving my sight!"

Mum sigh, "Ruby, it is for their good, Camila and Romeo need the presence of their father."

"Why? I'm a good mum and dad you know."

"No doubt! You're a really good parent but way too good! Listen, Ruby, maybe the time has come for them to finally meet their dad and know him. And you'll also have the other kids with you."

"Like share the kids?"

"Yeah, no one losses."

"But Dave might not respect it."

"Make him sign in front of a lawyer."

I rubbed my chin while thinking, "I'll think about it."

"Be fast."

"Abuelita!" Camila screamed from upstairs.

"I'm coming cupcake!" She raced upstairs.

I grabbed my phone, calling the number Dave called me with. He was quick to pick my call.

"Ru -"

"Hold on! I'm the one speaking here! I want us to meet tomorrow." I simply said, pretty coldly.

"Where?"

"In my house, where do you think?"

"How I'm I suppose to find your address?"

"You're David Adams, if you can find my number you can find my location too."

"I -"

"At 9 am. Goodnight Dave." I said before hanging up.

He must sign the papers, he must.

*******

I got up really earlier, I canceled all my meetings, I got promoted so I'll be traveling to France as soon as I accept the proposal, can't leave the kids with mum, Camila is not a problem but Romeo will give her a heart attack.

Mum had taken Camila to school, Romeo is still in bed, I'm tired of dragging him out of bed, he'll be late if he doesn't move his lazy ass.

I took a last glance at the clock, 8 am. "Romeo! You'll be late!" I yelled, I started making my way for the stairs when I heard the doorbell.

I huffed, "I didn't order anything, but Romeo must-have."

I lazily grab the handle and pulled the door opened revealing David as handsome and charming as usual. I rolled my eyes.

"You're pretty earlier." I gave way for him to come in.

"I couldn't wait till you change your mind." He said.

"You can have a seat, do you want coffee?"

He stared at me weirdly, I guess he is surprised by how much I've grown matured.

"Yeah."

I walked behind the counter, preparing his favorite coffee, I don't know why I'm being nice to him, maybe cause I want him to sign the damn papers.

The light footsteps of Romeo could be heard as he came down going straight to the living room, I noticed he was not in uniform. I followed him to the living room.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked when I saw him seating lazily in front of the TV.

"Watching a movie." He didn't bother to cast me a glance, he spoke like I was a total idiot.

"That is obvious!"

"It doesn't seem like it through your question." He replied still staring at the radical program.

"You'll switch that off and go to school!" I said firmly.

"I don't wanna." He simply said.

To be continued...

Hold on for the next chapter! I really hope you guys are enjoying it.

VOTE!