Chapter 36

Romeo's POV
Still petrified by what happened last week, I keep my eyes opened at night and sleep lightly. Who would want to sleep with someone as dangerous as Crook around?

The three boys had told me he abuses them and forces them to do stuffs, they also told me he was mentally ill, he killed his son and went to ten years imprisonment, he doesn't own the ranch, a certain Billy McGregor does and he's away for a while, Billy is the best friend of Crook so he was suppose to look after the correction home and take care of the kids not abuse them!

They told me there use to be lot of kids around, but their parents came for them one glorious morning, the were the three remaining cause no one wanted them not even their parents, weird huh?

Crook was a soldier fought a war that devastated him. And blah blah blah.

I'm currently laying next to Jordan who is lying next to Toby who is also lying next to Greg.

Toby is the eldest among us, he is sixteen, he is an imp caused a lot of trouble, do drugs and lives as a street kid,  his last trouble was when he tried to kill his step father immediately authority brought him here. Oh and he is black.

Jordan is the second eldest, fifteen years old, the incarnation of Satan, got his parents arrested five times before ending up here.

Greg is thirteen, his only crime was slapping him father in the mist of a large crowd in a banquet held by his family. I love his crime, slapping your father right in the face and everyone saw, everybody fucking saw it!

Back to were I stopped. I can't sleep is hot in here and I can't stop sweating, the idiot aka Mr Crook moved me up here. Is a little space room with a little window and a mattress with pillows and a cover.

I can't sleep on that, I rather sleep on the bare floor which I do anyway.

I stood up silently and twisted the knob quietly slipping my body through the parted door. I sigh silently once I was out.

I know the rules don't ever ever come downstairs when you're not asked to, Mr Crook repeats this every fucking day, and am sick of it, particularly today he yelled that on our faces, but I don't know, I can't sleep and when I can't sleep I listen to music which I was doing before my phone died, I need another battery and am sure as hell that his phone uses same battery with mine, all I have to do is find the damn phone grab the fucking battery and use it.

I tiptoed down the stairs, I could here, moaning sound and heavy breaths. What the hell is going on?

I blinked and tried harder to see through the dark, I only saw two figures on the couch, the were whispering dirty stuffs to each other, I grabbed my mouth, prevent the fluid from flowing out, I didn't wanna puke right here right now, bad bad idea.

Now I know why he wants us to stay upstairs at night, he has a dirty business going on. Very dirty.

How the hell am I suppose to find his phone in the dark? All I know is he leaves his phone carelessly on a table what if is the one in the center of the living room where he was, no way. But I can't survive without music!

This is futile Ro! Get your ass upstairs before he grabs you.

I started making my way back to the stairs when THUD! A slim table feel, fortunately for me it had Crook's phone on it. I quickly took away the battery and ran as fast as I could back to the room, I locked the door and plop on the side of the disgusting bed, I don't have a choice.

"Ugh... Why are you panting and sweating?" Greg asked through his sleep.

"Shh! Sleep it was a nightmare." I looked away.