Chapter 30

Romeo's POV
"Romeo! Come here!" Grandma called.

"Ughhhh!" I let out a low groan.

This old lady is a pure torture! My life is hell! is been three weeks since the memorable incident. I spent one week receiving the belt before bed time. It was horrible, painful, petrifying, in short it was hell.

After that one week David took me to his mother. Who lives some blocks away from us, he said he couldn't leave her home every day to come take care of me, and no one was home, am not going to school anymore, I got expelled do you remember? and I don't think he'll be finding a new school anytime soon, I do homeschooling though. So here I am with the old woman living in a shoe, Lol. Am still grounded and under punishment, I never leave this place, am always in door! Dying from boredom. I've read all the ten Come books Camila gave me I almost forgot how interesting they were I use to read them when I was eight and Camila took after me.

Once I'm into something I do it quickly, reading is not my stuff but I can't let boredom eat me up either.

I rather sleep under a bridge or in an alley than to live with Charity Adams, she is really terrible, just wait and see.

"Romeo!" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I drop Camila's comic book on the desk, I've read it like ten times now. I dragged my foot downstairs, to where she was holding a spoon and glaring at the garbage.

When she noticed me, her expression turn sterner behind her glasses.

"Didn't I asked you to take out the trash?" She asked quietly.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes at her and walk away. I know better.

"Yeah." I looked away rudely. I hate her simon! She just asked me to take it out fourteen hours ago or yesterday, ugh!

"Come over her." She said softly, her face was expressionless so was her body.

My mind scream desperately for me to run. But I can't she'll find me, I learn it the hard way.

I took slow steps to the spot she asked me to stand.

"Why didn't you take out the trash?" She asked.

I don't have any excuse, I was too tired and lazy to take it out, it was her fault after all, she made me do a lot of chores!

"Romeo am talking to you." I hate her honey voice soft yet dangerous.

"Uh.. I didn't feel like." I said. Let's get over whit this.

She smack me with the wood spoon and I winced. "Take it out right this seconds, I have some chores for you."

I took a deep breath, do not shout, don't say anything just take it out first. I said to myself.

"Vete al demonio (go to hell)." I Mumble.

"What was that?" She straighten her glasses.

"Nothing." I grabbed the trash and walked out.

"Stupid granny." I threw the trash in the main bin.

I sat on the stairs, am no going in yet, I need air. I sigh. My chest was heavy. I feel sad, I wanna go home. I wanna talk to mom just for a second not like I can't but am scared of what she'll say, the last time I called her she disappointed me. I don't want that to happen again, I won't survive it.

"Romeo! You won't spend the night taking the trash out!" She called.

I huffed, "shut up, granny! I hate you." I whispered before going back in.