Chapter 57

"Romeo speak to me, please, you've been like this since two days now, you barely eat anything, and you won't speak to us, we're all freaking out." Gabriella spoke to her youngest brother, who had his knees pulled to his chest with his back turned to her, he stared at the pace nothing in particular.

"Romeo come on!" Gabriella approached him on the bed.

"I don't wanna talk." He said in a croaky voice.

"That's what you always say you're not feeling fine and by not talking you're making it worst!"

Still no response the boy had gone dumb all of a sudden.

Gabriella sigh while going back downstairs, David sat on the wooden chair sipping his coffee, he had come to check on his kids, the state of Ruby was affecting everyone except Camila, she had move in with her abuela, she was sheltered from the painful reality living in her world without worry, but Romeo didn't have that luck, he had to be so smart for his age.

"Dad, I don't know what to do, Romeo won't talk to me, he's been in isolation ever since he over heard my conversation, the doctor said he need to rest not worry about mum's situation he is just a kid! He won't tell me how he feels! He is depressing in silence which is harmful to his health." Gabriella made her father understand.

David sigh. He knew he had to do it even though he had no idea on how to speak with the kid, he had never had any peaceful conversation with him and he had began regretting.

He knock softly on the lock door before twisted the knob and pushing it open, he found his kid in that same position he had seen him in days.

He cleared his throat trying to at least obtain a reaction from the kid. "Romeo we need to talk." He said. Silence filled the room Gabriella was on the door way.

"We don't have to, I didn't do anything wrong, except seating alone in my room is crime. Has that become a crime in your list of rules?" The kid spoke with a lot of attitude.

David decided to ignore that tone, this was no time for discipline he needed to make a step or lose his son forever. "I didn't come for that, we need to talk about your mother."

Romeo huff, "I guess you have no choice after four fucking days, you guys are finally deciding to open up!" He stood up brutally now facing them.

"That's not what you think, we didn't want you guys to know just for your own good." Gabriella said.

"Your silence about mum is worst than anything! You thought you were protecting me but you only broke my heart! She is my mother is my fucking right to know what she is going through! Who the hell do you think I am?! A damn kid that think of himself and himself alone?!"

"We haven't come to this Ro, you need to take it easy, is not good for your Health." David said.

"Stop talking about my fucking health! Since when you start caring about me all of a sudden? Is mum gonna die? Is it what the doctor said? She won't make it? I'll never see my mother again?" He sank to his feet, tears running down his cheeks yet he kept a straight voice. "This was all my fault! I shouldn't have called her and asked her to come, if I hadn't been a disappointment and smoke that stuff, she wouldn't have know any stuff about it. How did It happen?" He manage to asked.

"She ran in a tree while driving back from the airport, she was speaking with me on the phone when she ran into the tree she wanted to know about your condition." David said.

Romeo couldn't help but sob quietly, his heart was full of melancholy, the huge weight that had settled on his shoulders was unimaginable, he felt lonely desperate for comfort, he felt horrible and worst GUILTY. He curled in a ball and cried, he knew crying was stupid but he couldn't help it, it was the only way to keep him from jumping down the window and committing suicide. That was all he deserved death!