Chapter 5

Sooji gets up and hurriedly run to Shian's room. "Shi...", she opens Shian's bedroom door and almost gets a heart attack. "...Hyun?", Sooji blinks a few times. Making sure that the scene in front of her is real. Not just part of her stupid drunk imagination.

There, on Shian's bed. Shihyun is sleeping with Shian snuggle beside him. One of Shian's little feet is splaying in Shihyun's stomach. Shihyun hand become Shian's pillow.

Sooji walks quietly to approach them. Afraid to wake them up. She touches Shihyun's cheek. It's real. He's real. Are they in an alternate universe where the three of them is a family who lives happily ever after? She doesn't realize that her hand is unconsciously stroking Shihyun's cheek.

Sooji is too busy with her own thoughts, she doesn't realize Shihyun already opens his eyes.

"Sooji ah...", he touches her hand that's stroking his cheek.

"Huh?!", Sooji is startled. She pulls away instantly. "I am sorry..."

Shihyun sighs. He should just pretend to be asleep, so he can feel her touch a little bit longer. "Don't be...", Shihyun gets up slowly. Trying not to wake sleeping Shian.

"Engghh...", Shian grunts in his sleep when he feels Shihyun's moving.

"Let's talk outside...", Sooji whispers. Asking Shihyun to leave Shian's room. Shihyun just nods and follows Sooji out.

Shihyun sits in front of the kitchen table watching Sooji preparing a coffee for both of them. He saw her put a spoon of sugar at one cup and three at the other one. Then she takes something from the upper cabinet. Shihyun is watching it curiously. Apparently, it's a vanilla syrup. She gives a cup with 'one sugar' a drop of vanilla syrup.

"Coffee...", Sooji gives a cup of coffee with one spoon of sugar to him.

Shihyun is smiling staring at a cup of coffee in front of him.

"What's wrong?", Sooji asks. Did she do something wrong?

"You remember...", he turns to look at her in the eyes and smiles. The fact that Sooji remembers how he likes his coffee makes his heart flutter.

Sooji is sipping her coffee, trying to avoid his gaze. That stupid gaze that used to melt her heart. Okay, not used to, it still does. "It's just a coffee...", she mumbles. Glancing at Shihyun who's still smiling while staring at her. "Shian loves his hot chocolate with a bit of vanilla syrup that's the only reason why I always have a bottle of vanilla syrup..."

Shihyun chuckles. And Sooji realizes she's just blabbering. What is wrong with her???

"Thank you...", he says. Sipping his coffee. Enjoying the warm feeling in every drops, not because of the coffee. But because of the woman standing in front of him.

They stay silent for a few minutes. Enjoying each other presence. Because somehow they knew, if one of them starts talking they might ruin this peace or even starting a fight.

"I am sorry...", Sooji puts her cup down. It's time to talk like an adult. "It's embarrassing because I didn't really remember what happened last night...but I can guess that Shian forced you to stay with him...so I am sorry..."

"Shian didn't force me...he just asked me...politely...", he corrects.

"What's the difference...", Sooji says sarcastically.

"The difference is...I didn't feel forced...Shian is smart kid...it's been awhile since I have an interesting conversation...", Shihyun chuckles remembering what Shian said last night.

"What did he tell you???", Sooji asks worriedly. Shian sometimes is too curious for his own good.

"He wanted to give you a boyfriend as a birthday present..."