Chapter 9

Because I wish it was true...

Sooji can't stop thinking about Shihyun's words. What did he mean? Why those silly words make her feel so hopeful. Sooji sighs. No. Stop overthinking. It's just words. She should learn from the past and stop being a fool. She shouldn't take Shihyun's words seriously. He might come back. But as a friend Sooji. Just as a friend. He might miss her, but as a friend. Just friends. Like eight years ago. So she should act like one and stop thinking too much.

"Hey...", Shihyun nudges Sooji, who's been staring blankly outside the car windows.

"Huh?", Sooji looks at Shihyun, a little bit startled. She almost forgot she's still in Shihyun's car.

"We've arrived..."

"Oh...", she looks outside and realizes they're in her apartment parking lot. She looks at the back seat and Shian is sleeping. Sooji smiles, he must be tired from running around all day.

"Let me help you...", Shihyun says and gets out of the car. Sooji doesn't even have time to stop him, Shihyun already carried sleeping Shian in his arms when she got out of the car.

"He's heavy...", Sooji warns him.

"He's seven years old...how heavy he could be...", Shihyun rolls his eyes and walks inside Sooji's apartment building. Followed by Sooji.

Sooji opens the door for them, and Shihyun went straight to Shian's room without waiting for Sooji. Like he's in his own home.

Shihyun slowly puts Shian on his bed. It's still 7 pm, but Shian already sleeps soundly.

"He didn't awake...", Sooji mumbles, already stands beside Shihyun.

"He looks really tired...", Shihyun says slowly. Afraid he'll wake him up.

"But he's happy...thank you...", Sooji smiles. Despite the fact that she really didn't plan this to happen. But she's happy seeing how happy Shian is. "Why???", Sooji just realizes that Shihyun is observing her. "Did I say something wrong?"

Shihyun shakes his head. "No...it's just...", he smiles softly. "I haven't seen that smile for a while...", he unconsciously touches the corner of Sooji's lips.

Sooji flinches. And Shihyun sober up instantly. "Do you want a drink?", Sooji offers him and walks hurriedly to the kitchen. She pours herself a glass of cold water. Actually, she's the one who needed a drink. A cold one. Because his touch left her skin burning.

Shihyun watches Sooji walks away, disappointed. Stupid hand. He scolds himself for not having any self-control. He takes a deep breath and follows Sooji out from Shian's room. Just a few steps and he feels really dizzy.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh?", Shihyun startles when Sooji suddenly standing right in front of him. She's looking at him worriedly. "Just a little headache...", from the lack of sleep.

"Really?", she still looks worried. And Shihyun is secretly enjoying that.

He nods. "But...if you don't mind...", Shihyun says carefully. "May I sleep here for a few minutes..."

Sooji raises her eyes. "Sleep here?"

"I mean...here... on the sofa...I am just really sleepy...but ummm...if you mind...I'll sleep in my car...", Shihyun is stammering.

Sooji chuckles. "Why are so flustered?"

"Huh?", yes Kwon Shihyun, why are you flustered when Sooji asked about sleeping here? What were you thinking?!! He scolds himself in his head. "I am just..."