Chapter 6

I don't want us to be a stranger...
I'll see you again soon...

What the hell that words supposed to mean?? Sooji is slamming her pen on the table.

"Are you okay Miss Sooji??"

"Huh?", Sooji turns to find Mrs Kim staring at her suspiciously. "Yes...I am fine...I am sorry...", Sooji smiles awkwardly. That woman must think that she's crazy.

They're in the teacher's room. Mrs Kim is a piano teacher. She's five years older than her. Sooji already started working in the Music school for a few days ago. It's a children music school, so far she's having so fun teaching kids to play the cello.

"Aren't you going to go home?", Mrs Kim asks.

"What time is it?", Sooji mumbles checking her watch. 2 pm. Shian. Oh God, she almost forgets. It's time to pick Shian from school. "I'll get going...", Sooji smiles to Mrs Kim, grabs her purse and runs outside.

==============

"Sejoo ah..."

"What?", Sejoo sips his drink.

Shihyun is just staring at his drink. He hasn't even taken a sip.

Sejoo sighs seeing his brooding friend. "Aren't you going to go back to your office? The lunch hour is over already..."

"Are you kicking me out now??", Shihyun glares at Sejoo jokingly. Shihyun went to Sejoo's restaurant to have lunch and talk. But he didn't even know where to start.

"I am going to...if you didn't start to talk...", he rolls his eyes.

"Why are you forgiving me??", Shihyun finally asks.

"What??"

"After everything, I did to you...how could you still forgive me? I can't even forgive myself...", he messed up big time years ago. He pushed away his best friend. The most important person in his life. He abandoned them, just for a temporary feeling. Just for a girl he barely knew.

"I've done getting angry at you...", Sejoo smiles. "You fucked up everything we have...and there was the time I really wanted to kill you...", he remembers Sooji's unconscious in the hospital bed.

"I deserved that...", Shihyun sighs. Understand what makes Sejoo wanted to kill him, even without him saying it. "So...what changes?"

"I don't know...I guess I realized that I was also taking apart at ruining our friendship...", Sejoo says wisely. "Besides...you and Sooji...were too young for all of the complicated things you two had been through...what happened between your mom and dad...Sooji's mom...Taehee's mom...it made everything worse..."

"Woah....Lee Sejoo is really a grown-up now...", Shihyun praises him playfully. Sejoo just rolls his eyes. "But...", Shihyun adds. "It wasn't an excuse for me to hurt her...I shouldn't hurt her...", Shihyun sighs.

"You shouldn't...but you already did...now, what are you going to do?"

"Do you think she'll forgive me like you do...", Shihyun asks hopefully.

Sejoo chuckles. "You don't get it, do you?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Sooji never blames you...she blames herself...", Sejoo says sadly. "And sometimes...it's harder to forgive yourself..."

"But it wasn't her fault...", how could she blame herself?? He's the one who hurt her. He's the one who broke all the promise he made. He shouldn't blame herself. "Oh God, Choi Sooji...", he drops his on his hand. It made him feel a thousand times more guilty.