Chapter 23

Shihyun walks back to the restaurant. Determined to clear everything up. But Taehee and her mom already left. There's only his Dad and his Grandma. "We need to talk..."

"Sit down...", his grandma orders. And Shihyun sits obediently. He wishes his grandma has a good reason for all this mess.

"What was actually happening? Why Taehee and her mom we're here?"

"I invited them...", her grandma says casually. Like there's nothing wrong with it.

"What?? Why???"

"To talk about your relationship..."

"What relationship??", Shihyun is getting more confused.

"It's been eight years...you've never had girlfriend again since you broke up with Taehee...so we thought...maybe you still love her but you think you can't be with her because of my relationship with her mom...I want you to know that there's nothing going between me and her mom...not anymore...so you can be with Taehee...", Shihyun's Dad is trying to explain it carefully.

"Oh, God! Why didn't you even think of asking me first Dad?!", Shihyun feels like pulling his hair out frustrated. "I didn't love Taehee!"

"Why? Because of that woman?", his grandma asks coldly.

"Yes, grandma! That woman has a name...Choi Sooji...and I love her...", why his grandma hates Sooji so much. "She is the mother of my son...Shian...that little boy..."

"What?", both his dad and his grandma are too shocked to ask more.

"I don't ask for your approval...I came here with the thought that I can share my happiness with you two...but apparently...my happiness doesn't matter anymore...", Shihyun feels so angry and disappointed at the same time.  "Oh wait...it never was, wasn't it? My happiness never mattered for you...for mom...", he says cynically. Years passed by, but he still can't forget what his mom and dad did to him.

"Shihyun ah...", his dad feels guilty. "We're just..."

"I don't want to hear anything now...", Shihyun grimaced. His head starts pounding. Shihyun turns around. He needs to leave this room.

Shihyun walks out hurriedly. "Aaack!", a woman yelps. he bumps into someone on his way out. "Shihyun ah..."

Shihyun looks up and sees the one person that he really doesn't want to see right now. "Taehee...", saying that name out loud makes his head hurts even more.

"I...I left my phone...", she points at the VIP room. Trying to explain why she suddenly came back here.

"Okay.", Shihyun doesn't really care. He just wanted to go home and sleep this headache off. Shihyun just took one step when suddenly everything turned black.

==================

Sooji turns on her phone. She's been switching it off the whole night. Deliberately trying to avoid Shihyun's call. Only two messages. One from her mom, and from Sejoo. No message from Shihyun. She checks the clock again. 11 am. It's almost lunch. Is he okay? Sooji sighs. She shouldn't be worried. He is with his family. And probably with Taehee.

Sooji closes her eyes. Trying to erase the image of Taehee entering Shihyun's apartment, years ago. No. He won't do that to her again.

"Mom..."

"Huh?", Sooji opens her eyes and finds Shian's ready standing in front of her.

"Someone's here...", he points at the door. "The bell has been ringing for a minute..."

"Oh...sorry baby...I didnt hear it...", Sooji gets up to open the door. It must be him. Sooji smiles to herself. She shouldn't be too worried. "Hi...", Sooji smiles. Greeting the guest. But her smiles falter when she saw who's standing outside her door.