Chapter 11

"Mom...", Sooji puts Shian's medicine in his backpack when he called her name.

"What is it?", Sooji turns to Shian, who's been sitting on his bed. Pouting. "Why do you look unhappy? Aren't you excited to go on vacation with your grandma?". Shian gets a week of holiday and Sooji's mom asked him to go on vacation with her and her husband. Shian excitedly agreed. But now, he's sitting there pouting.

"It's not about that..."

"Then what is it?"

"Why uncle Shihyun never came again?", he asks sadly. "He said he would see us soon...".

Sooji's heart breaks hearing Shian's question. "Maybe he's busy baby...", she sits in front of Shian, stroking his hair. "You know...adult has a job...and sometimes it takes all day to finish it..."

"I miss uncle Shihyun..."

"You didn't meet uncle Sejoo too...didnt you miss him?"

"I miss him...but...", Shian seems to think something. "It's different...".

"Why? He's your uncle too..."

Shian looks at Sooji and yells frustratingly. "I don't know mom...", he confuses with himself.

"Come here...", Sooji pulls Shian into a hug. "I am sorry...", she mumbles. Feeling guilty. Since that day, she never saw Shihyun again. He never called her either. This is what she wanted right? But seeing how sad Shian is, she feels like she needs to rethink her decision. But isn't it too late?

================

Shihyun pours the last drops of scotch in the bottle to his glass and dawned in in one gulp. He can't sleep recently. And even if he finally can sleep, he would have a nightmare. About Sooji and Shian. This bottle is scotch really helps because he'll lass out as soon as he gets home and has a dreamless sleep.

He calls the waitress for the bill. But instead of a waitress it Sejoo that showed up.

"What happened?", Sejoo sits beside him.

"Nothing...", he shrugs. "Why are you here?"

"It's my restaurant..."

"Oh right...", Shihyun gets up.

Sejoo stops him. "Where are you going?"

"Home...it's late..."

"You really don't want to tell me what happened?"

Shihyun sighs. "From the way you asked...I am pretty sure you know what happened...", Shihyun sits back again.

"My staff just told me that you came here every day this week..."

"This restaurant is really close to my apartment...and I am too lazy to cook...so I was having dinner here..."

"I don't see any food on the table..."

"What do you want?", Shihyun asks frustrated.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened...", Sejoo has a feeling that this has something to do with Sooji.

"You know...I decided that I was going to tell her how I feel...and fight for her...", Shihyun leans his head on the backrest. "But it was too late...apparently she's with someone else now...".

"What??? No way?!", Sooji never has a boyfriend when she was in New York. No way she already has one here. "She must be lying..."

Shihyun chuckles and closes his eyes. His head starts to hurt. "That's even worse...that's just proof how much she didn't want to be with me..."