Chapter 21

"Where are we going, Dad?", Shian asks curiously.

"It's a secret Shian...", Shihyun repeats his replies for he doesn't even remember how many times. Because Shian keeps repeating the same questions. Today is Shian's birthday. Shihyun empty his schedule and picked him up from school, while Sooji and Sejoo are preparing a birthday surprise in their nest.

"I hate secret...", Shian pouts.

Shihyun chuckles. "Sorry...but this is your mom's order...", Sooji loves making birthday surprise.

"Dad...why don't you just tell me where are we going...I promise I won't tell mom...", Shian pleads.

Shihyun glances at his son. Shian is staring at him with his puppy eyes. How could he even resist that? "Okay...I'll tell you but...dont tell mom that I told you...and you should act surprised when we get there...Deal?"

"Deal!!!"

"So...we're going to the nest for your birthday surprise...".

"Nest?"

"It's me, your mom and uncle Sejoo hiding place when we were in high school..."

"You have a hiding place??? Cool...", Shian looks at his Dad impressed.

"Yeah...it has a lot of machine games..."

"Woah...it must be really fun..."

Shihyun chuckles. Feeling proud that he can impress Shian. "It was a lot of fun..."

"But Dad..."

"What is it?"

"What you, mom and uncle Sejoo were hiding from?", Shian frowns.

Shihyun stunned. Shian's question brings a lot of memory he's trying to forget.

"Dad...", Shian calls again. Because Shihyun suddenly fell silent.

"We're here...", Shihyun announces. Thank God they've arrived. He didn't know how to answer that question.

===================

"Okay, light up the cake...Shihyun just text me that they're already in the parking lot...", Sooji takes the cake from the refrigerator and Sejoo is running around searching for a lighter. "Hurry up!", Sooji half screaming.

"I am coming...", Sejoo finally finds the lighter and runs to Sooji who already waiting in front of the entrance.

Door open...
Just after Sejoo lights up the candles, Shihyun and Shian enter the nest.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!", Sooji yells while Sejoo is blowing a trumpet.

"Yeay...", Shian says lamely then turns the attention to the room. "Woaaah this is so cool...", he runs to the corner of the room where Sejoo installed the latest arcade games machine.

"You told him, didn't you?", Sooji glares at Shihyun.

"No..."

"Really?", Sooji asks again. Still glaring at Shihyun.

"Maybe...", Shihyun smiles sheepishly.

"Here...let me hold the cake so you can slap him as hard you can...", Sejoo takes the cake away from Sooji's hand.

"Thank you Lee Sejoo...that's really helping...", now it's Shihyun's turn to glare at Sejoo.

"With a pleasure...", Sejoo smiles innocently.

PLAAK!

"AAUCH...", Shihyun winces after Sooji smacked his arm as hard as she could.

"Why can't you keep a secret...", she hisses at Shihyun.