Chapter 27

Sooji just finished getting ready for bed when her phone is ringing. "Hello..."

"Sooji ah..."

"What is it? Are you okay?", Sooji asks worriedly. Because Shihyun's voice sounds a little bit hoarse.

"No...I am not..."

"Why? Does anything hurt??"

"It's hurt...", Sooji gets up and searches her purse. "My heart hurt from missing you...", Shihyun adds.

"Yaaa!!!", Sooji yells. Throwing her purse back annoyedly. "Don't you know how worried I was...". She seriously thought something happened to him.

Shihyun chuckles. "Sorry...", definitely not feeling guilty. "Where are you?"

Why his voice sounds closer? "In my bed why?", Sooji asks. Still annoyed with his lame jokes.

"Can I have a hug?"

"What?", she starts to think that Shihyun is probably drunk. "How could I give you a hug?"

A second later someone is knocking at her bedroom door. Sooji frowns. Does Shian awake? She opens the door only to find the older version of Shian. "Shihyun ah?"

"Can I have my hug?"

"But-", Shihyun pulls Sooji into his arms before she can even finish her sentence. Shihyun buried his face in her shoulder. Inhaling her scent.

Sooji didn't resist. She hugs him back. Stroking his back gently. "What happened?", she knew Shihyun long enough to notice when he's hiding something. "Are you still getting a headache?", Sooji asks worriedly.

"No...", yes he is. The headache is still killing him when it's showed up. But that's not his problem right now. He wanted to tell Sooji about Taehee before he meets her again tomorrow. He doesn't want another misunderstanding to happen between them.

"So...what bothers you?"

Shihyun takes a deep breath before saying that one damned name. "Taehee...", and just on cue, Sooji pulls away from his hug instantly. "I am sorry for bringing her name into our conversation again..."

"It's okay...", Sooji walks out of her room. Avoiding Shihyun's gaze. "You can say it...as much as you want..."

Shihyun follows Sooji to the kitchen. She pours herself a glass of water. And another one for Shihyun. "I don't want to...", Shihyun is frustrated. How should he say this without making Sooji upset?

"Just say it...", Sooji smiles. A forced one.

"Taehee came to my apartment this morning...and told me she still loves me..."

Sooji freezes. Her eyes focus on staring at the half-empty glass.

"I was too surprised to say anything...and she left before I can explain everything...but I will tell her about us tomorrow...I promise..."

"Okay...", Sooji says shortly. Still refuse to look at Shihyun directly.

"Sooji ah...please look at me...", Shihyun reaches Sooji's hand. And hold it tightly. Afraid that she will run away again.

Sooji lifts her gaze. And looks at Shihyun. He looks desperate. But for what reason? For her? Or for Taehee?

"Are you mad at me?"

"I don't even know what to feel...", Sooji sighs. At least he was being honest right? But he should explain it right away to Taehee. Was he hesitating? Or he just really didn't have a chance to explain their relationship to Taehee? "It's late...I am tired...let's talk about this again tomorrow after you finished talking with Taehee...", Sooji gives him another forced smile. And walk to her room. Leaving Shihyun behind.