Chapter 10

The breakfast went well. Shihyun didn't have a chance to ask about what Sooji meant before. Because Shian kept talking and telling Shihyun everything that comes to his mind. And it seems Shihyun really forgot about it. And Sooji was so grateful for that.

"Thank you...for the breakfast...", Shihyun smiles. "This is the best breakfast I had for a while..."

"Liar...", Sooji snorts.

"Hey...I am being serious right now..."

"I know the omelette was too salty...", it's embarrassing. She's a mom for seven years but she still can't make a proper omelette. But she can blame Shihyun for making her feeling nervous.

Shihyun chuckles. "Just a little bit...but...", he looks at her seriously. "I really enjoy the companion...It's been a while since I have breakfast with another human being...", he says jokingly.

But Sooji can see the sadness in his eyes. Why he looks so lonely. "You can have breakfast with us again next time...", she says before even thinking.

Shihyun freezes. Too surprise hearing Sooji's offer.

"Only if you wanted too...", Sooji adds awkwardly when Shihyun doesn't say anything.

"I would love too...", he smiles gratefully. Sooji won't understand how much her invitation means for him.

Both of them are standing in front if Sooji's apartment door. Shihyun doesn't want to leave. But he should. And Sooji doesn't know how to say goodbye. So bow they're just standing there, staring at each other awkwardly.

"Uncle...", Shian comes running.

"Huh?"

"What are you two doing???", Shian looks at the two adults suspiciously.

"Nothing...", Sooji answers quickly. "What is that?", she points at the paper in Shian's hand.

"This is for uncle Shihyun...", Shian smiles mischievously.

"Me?", Shihyun asks curiously. Shian just nods and hands the paper to Shihyun. "Thank you...", Shihyun takes the paper gratefully.

"What is that?", Sooji looks at her son curiously.

"Mmm...it's a secret...", he grins. Sooji just rolls her eyes.

Shihyun chuckles. He checked his watch. "I should go...now..."

"Okay...", Sooji smiles. "Goodbye..."

"No Mom!", Shian protests.

"Why??"

"It's not goodbye...it's...see you again uncle...", Shian pouts. "We'll see you again, right??", he looks at Shihyun hopefully.

Sooji freezes. Why those words remind her how he had left before? And how she tried so hard to stop hoping that he'll come back.

Shihyun can see the pain in her eyes. She's still hurting for what he did years ago. And it breaks his heart, how simple words can affect her. "It's never goodbye...", he says softly while staring at Sooji's eyes. "I'll see you again soon..."

Sooji looks at him doubtfully.

"See you again uncle!!!", Shian chimed in cheerfully.

"See you again boy...", Shihyun smiles and patting Shian's hair.

Sooji sighs watching Shihyun left. She tried not to look at his back that's getting further away. That view makes her heartaches.

================

Shihyun is waiting patiently inside his car. He reads the paper that Shian gave him a few days ago.

Mom' schedule
07.45 dropping me at my school
08.00 go to work
14.00 get out from her work to pick me up.
Mommy can't drive. We always take a cab. You know what you have to do, right???😁😁😁