Chapter 20

"Hi...you're early...", Sooji opens the door. Shihyun is standing there with a bag of ice cream.

"I dont know what to bring...", Shihyun is shifting nervously. "This is my first time confessing to someone that I am his father...", he laughs awkwardly. Sooji rolls her eyes. "Sorry...that wasn't funny..."

"You're really nervous, aren't you?", Sooji glances at Shihyun knowingly. Because she feels the same. The difference is just, she's an expert at pretending to be fine.

"I am super excited and nervous at the same time...I don't even know what to think...", Shihyun admits.

"Come on in...", Sooji let Shihyun in. "Wait here...I'll call him..."

Shihyun sits alone in the living room. He takes a deep breath. Everything will be okay. He tried to assure himself.

"Uncle!", Shian runs and hugs Shihyun.

"Shian sits down...", Sooji is trying to act as calm as she could.

"What is it, mom?", Shian glances at his mom and Shihyun. "Why are you two looking at me like that? Did I do something wrong?"

"No baby...you did nothing wrong...we just want to tell you about something...", She and Shihyun were the one who did something wrong. Something that will probably hurt Shian.

"Okay...", Shian sits obediently. "So...what is it?"

"Shian...", Sooji starts. "Remember when you asked about why Dad wasn't with us?", Shian nods.

"Because we can't force people to stay...", Shian repeats what Sooji said.

Sooji closes her eyes. The guilt starts creeping on her. "I lied...I am sorry..."

"Huh?", Shian doesn't understand what his none was saying.

Shihyun holds Sooji's hand, reminds her that she's not alone.

"Your Dad wasn't with us...because he didn't know about you..."

"Dad didn't know about me?", Shian is looking at his mom. Confused. "Why?"

"Because...", Sooji is struggling to find the right words to tell him.

"Because your mom thought that your dad wasn't ready to have you...", Shihyun adds. Hope that his words are simple enough to be understood.

Shian goes silent for a few minutes. "Does he ready now?", he asks innocently. "To have me?"

Shihyun bites his lips. Trying so hard not to cry. "Yes, Shian...he's ready...", Shihyun takes a deep breath. "I am ready..."

"Huh?", Shian looks at his mom. "Uncle Shihyun is my dad?"

Sooji nods. "Shihyun is your father...", her voice is trembling.

Shian gets up and runs to his room. Sooji sighs. "He must be mad...he hates me..."

"No...he won't hate you...he might need time to process this...", Shihyun is trying to assure Sooji even though deep down his heart is breaking too, seeing how Shian reacted with this news.

"I am sorry...", Sooji drops her head.

"Stop blaming yourself...This is my fault too..."

"I'll talk to him again...", Sooji almost gets up. But stopped herself because Shian is already standing in front of them.

Shian holds an envelope. He looks at Shihyun and hesitantly hands the paper to him.

"Is this for me?", Shihyun raises his eyes.